I think God is telling me to buy an RF900

Ryan_c_F

I'd buy an RF900 for $1500. Good luck and post up some pics if you get it.

I'm leaving to see it in about half an hour.

This is basically gonna be to see whether or not I fit on it and if the little lady fits behind my bulbous ass :lol:

And, yes, I'll be taking pictures and maybe have a little walkaround with the camera too. Will keep this thread updated.

heh, just got back.

seems to need...

fork seals (bit of oil on the legs right where they sink into the forks)

a chain (it's dry and has spot rust... how much rust is acceptable? my bike is shaft drive)

and a front tire, at least. Very little tread left in the center.

Body is pretty rough in spots and the brake light cover is busted and loose on the left side... from what the seller said he squiddied it while trying to wheelie and yut-uggghed into a lowside lolz.

Plus he hasn't used it in two years so it's got gas older than my shoes in the carbs.

man....

Am I going to be a dick if I say I can't go over like $1400?

Pictures incoming of the damage

rck2no.jpg

11uys0y.jpg

The cowl/rear fairing is actually "unbuckled" and needs snapped back into place. :-X

Pegs for me and pillion are both sturdy, though, and handlebars seem even.

Now, I know nothing about chains, so someone holler at me and see if this is acceptable or no. I'm leaning towards no, but...

k4z3ue.jpg

2gxmi9y.jpg

And, finally, fork seals.

My finger came away black here. Don't think it's soot or road grime.

34yu1c9.jpg

By the looks of that tail section that bike's been looped. (or' date=' at the very least, it's seen it's share of 12 o'clock wheelies) Hate to rain on your parade, but I'd pass on that ass. Unless you can get it for ~$1,000.

That bike has seen some shit.[/quote']

That's what I'm thinking.

He actually said that it was wheelie damage. :mad: Not the smartest thing.

Haven't started it. Battery is dead. I was just inspecting the overall and getting forum feedback before I considered it further.

I'm expecting everything to be real heavily varnished in there. The bike has been sitting for at least a season without running, and I'm hesitant to even ask him to start it as-is.

Was thinking about begging one of my mechanically-inclined friends to roll out and help me do a bit of surgery before riding it back home for the first round of repairs, if at all possible.

Edited by Ryan_c_F

Haven't started it. Battery is dead. I was just inspecting the overall and getting forum feedback before I considered it further.

I'm expecting everything to be real heavily varnished in there. The bike has been sitting for at least a season without running, and I'm hesitant to even ask him to start it as-is.

Was thinking about begging one of my mechanically-inclined friends to roll out and help me do a bit of surgery before riding it back home for the first round of repairs, if at all possible.

i'd ask him to start it, what the hell, you haven't bought it yet. if something bad happens its not yours yet. :dunno:

no way I would pay even a grand for an old busted up, non-running bike... what a fucking headache that thing appears to be .... get back on the craigslist and try again my man

+1 - if it's been beat on & doesn't run, for all you know the engine and/or trans could have something major wrong, on top of everything you can see. Keep looking....

i spent minutes scouring craigslist to find those. what is you budget exactly?

Trying to keep it below like $2000 for an offer. That's the absolute max that I should go at this point.

There are a couple V65 Sabres that I'd like to look at but for right now I'm focusing on selling the current bike rather than double-fisting 'em when I should be saving for a wedding ya heard?