Amsoil is great

magifesq

Says you can go 10k in a sportbike before changing. I put it in my Turbo busa and used for 5k miles over 2 seasons, no problems. The oil came out just as consistent as when it went in, darker, however the color was dark maple syrup, not black like other oils. Amsoil gets A++ in my book.

I also had my rear wheel milled down (I had just a hair too much milled off..no worries, some spacers and I'm all good). I'll be riding the big beast tomorrow for all who want to love or hate in person. 10a - 6p @ the Cycle Search parking lot, I'll be in the parts office chained to my desk as usual.

I have been using it for years and I love it. My Tundra gets 0w-20 and is good for 25,000 miles or one year which ever comes first. I usually change it once a year whether it needs it or not. :) It cost more but in the long run its much cheaper. My last Tundra used it since new and has well over 200,000 miles on it.

I also run it in all my bikes from motocross to street plus anything else that needs oil.

What are your thoughts on Shell’s Rotella? I was told that a lot of racers use this oil!?! Here is a link to a guy that had over 65K on a TL 1000, the motor looks brand new, used Rotella in his bike.

http://www.shellusserver.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3081&Board=9&page=1&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

Just need some help picking out some good oil for my bike, not trying to start an oil war on here. I heard Amsoil was good as well. Do I go regular oil, synthetic, or a blend?

What are your thoughts on Shell’s Rotella? I was told that a lot of racers use this oil!?! Here is a link to a guy that had over 65K on a TL 1000, the motor looks brand new, used Rotella in his bike.

http://www.shellusserver.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3081&Board=9&page=1&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

Just need some help picking out some good oil for my bike, not trying to start an oil war on here. I heard Amsoil was good as well. Do I go regular oil, synthetic, or a blend?

Rotella is now JASO DH-2,MA rated now, whats that mean?,, it's safe to run into your motorcycle and meets all warranty requirements. Personally I use Mobil 1 15W-50 car oil in all my 4-stroke bikes and I have a oil analysis performed on all of them at least 1 time per year here http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

The 1979 XS1100 I just gave away has 217,000+ miles on it using Mobil 1 and it's still running strong. The only 2 stroke engine failing's I've ever experienced was from using SCAMSoil 2-stoke formula after running out of Klotz. 1 was a 73 Kawasaki H2 750 ( oil injected) and the other was my KTM 500cc MXC premixed.

I personally would not run Amsoil in my lawn mower but others here seem to be having good luck with it.

if it comes out clean, might that imply it's not dissolving impurities?

1st season put Motul in the bike

2nd season put Amsoil in the bike...

3rd season put Motul back in the bike. Bike likes it a lot better. Better shifts, smoother idling, better MPG.

if it comes out clean, might that imply it's not dissolving impurities?

1st season put Motul in the bike

2nd season put Amsoil in the bike...

3rd season put Motul back in the bike. Bike likes it a lot better. Better shifts, smoother idling, better MPG.

that's a bold statement

i'll take the Pepsi challenge with that shit any day

I was always told to stay away from Synthetics with my bike because the transmission uses the same oil my engine does. Is this Fact or Fiction?

Fiction. Any newer motorcycle specific oils are safe for transmissions and wet clutches.

I'm running amsoil in my VW, my fiance's chevy aveo, my ducati and my gixxer and I'm waiting for the oil light to come on in my QT50 yamahopper which is 2 stroke oil injected to add the 2 stroke amsoil to it.

Come to think of it, I need to get some for my lawn mower, and you know my 2 stroke snow blower will get a little premixed love from the same oil that is going into the yamahopper.

Jesus, I never really thought about how many god damn motors I am putting oil in.

I'm running amsoil in ... my fiance's chevy aveo

Why would you put AMSoil in a car that's worth less than an oil change? You're actually trying to prolong the life of that car? I've got some 10W-Dog Piss that would be more on level with what that car deserves. :p:D

AMSOIL IS THE BEST...... I have tried just about every oil in my bikes and without a doubt amsoil was the best. I run my bikes to the limits..nonstop... whens the last time you had your bike off the RED-LINE solid for 3 minutes? and whens the last time you did that and it still ran? lol anyhow I would overheat just practicing and my coolant reserve tank would be swelled up and spraying antifreeze all over the place....once I started running amsoil I havent boiled her yet..... meaning it reduced friction soo much that it would actually run cooler and not to mention the smoother shifting.......So take it from a stunter... this stuff is legit!!!!!!!

Why would you put AMSoil in a car that's worth less than an oil change? You're actually trying to prolong the life of that car? I've got some 10W-Dog Piss that would be more on level with what that car deserves. :p:D

She bought it brand new before I met her. I think it's a 2008 model year and it has about 16k miles on it. The recommended oil change interval is like 15k miles. It's cheaper to just run amsoil in it than convential at this interval.

Aside from that, she likes the car cause it's cute, so I might as well keep it well maintained rather than have it die early.

I actually met my amsoil hookup through one of her coworkers so I get it at cost. I think a lot of people have an "amsoil guy" it seems similar to the "avon lady"

Amsoil is the shit, period. the revolution motor in a vrod loves it.

:plus1:

Amsoil is the shiznit.

A million mile chevy using amsoil

http://900000milechevy.com/

When in OH I would use the waste oil from the VROD in the riding mower and weed wacker at every oil change. Then the waste oil from the riding mower I would use as chain oil for my chainsaws. recycle REcycle RECYCLE

:plus1:

When in OH I would use the waste oil from the VROD in the riding mower and weed wacker at every oil change. Then the waste oil from the riding mower I would use as chain oil for my chainsaws. recycle REcycle RECYCLE

Thats a great idea for sure, are you even permitted to own 2-stroke weed wackers in CA now? I'm guessing you must have owned 1 of those Honda 4-stroke weed wackers here and not mixing motor oil to make 2 stroke gas.

If you want to know about motorcycle oil, car oil, filters, bearing grease, anything slick, check out bobistheoilguy.com. Those people are ill. Sending out oil samples to be tested, cutting open used oil filters, all kinds of, obsessive compulsive oil related things going on.

There are long discussions about Amsoil which is apparently just a stock lot of oil with Amsoil's own additive package put in to make it unique. Nothing fancy. I've used it once but its kinda hard to find around these parts.

:popcorn::banana::metal::dj::grin::biker::wheeliezx10: