Ebay bidding war

hollywood3586

Ok...so i am new to buying anything off ebay and have never been in a bidding war with anyone. I am wanting an item that three other people are bidding on, well the thing is i need some help on how to win, how long do i wait? it only has like 2 hours left.... please help!

Sniper...

wait til you have 10 seconds left, THEN bid the most you are willing to pay +3 cents

(if you're looking at spending 100, make it 100.03)

That way nobody has time to bid against you after the fact, and if someone already bid your $100 you won by 3 cents.

edit: LOL john plays the same way I do.

I'd say wait till the last 30 to 60 seconds, and then bid the maximum you are willing to spend. You take the chance, of course, that something might go wrong with the network connection when you wait that long. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen. I'd also say that unless it is something rare, you will get another chance on another day, to buy something just like it.

thats probably the best advice.

or wait until the last 10 seconds and snipe that shit

That's what I do. Wait til right before the end of the auction, and bid the max amount you're truly willing to pay. You'll either win it for less, or you'll find out you're outbid, but won't pay more, and it'll cost the other bidder more. :)

ok i just put in my highest bid, but can i still bid even after ive done that? i feel like a crackhead tapping my fingers and waiting, refreshing the screen. lol

You CAN bid again, but that would mean you've not entered your highest bid, and it's more likely to cost you more money.

Yes, add a little to the amount, to beat those that do the same. I typically would put in something like 105.55 for a hundred bid. It often knocks out anyone else trying to bid near 100 bucks.

ok i just put in my highest bid, but can i still bid even after ive done that? i feel like a crackhead tapping my fingers and waiting, refreshing the screen. lol

Yes, as many times as you want till the time expires. Please don't get carried away. Almost everything on eBay can be found and purchased cheaper, somewhere else on the internet, if you search deeply.

edit: I only win about one in twenty of my eBay bids, because I want a really good deal, and I'll keep trying till I get it.

You CAN bid again, but that would mean you've not entered your highest bid, and it's more likely to cost you more money.

How so? If you put in $50 the first time but you're really willing to pay $100, how will entering a second higher bid have any affect?

Yes, as many times as you want till the time expires. Please don't get carried away. Almost everything on eBay can be found and purchased cheaper, somewhere else on the internet, if you search deeply.

edit: I only win about one in twenty of my eBay bids, because I want a really good deal, and I'll keep trying till I get it.

I'm pretty sure this is the cheapest i have EVER seen this, its a rear fender hugger for my bike, its only at 42.00 and everywhere else iv seen has been more than 100..

Half the fun on eBay is watching some one else pay way too much. Don't be that person.

hahahhaa i feel like bidding just to jack the price up these guys a ruthless on here, i think im just going to fuck with them now. i probably wont win but seeing them pay more would be fun. the thing is, is its in lorain so i didnt have to pay 10 bucks in shipping. i already contacted the seller, but he didnt want to end the auction for me :(

I'm pretty sure this is the cheapest i have EVER seen this, its a rear fender hugger for my bike, its only at 42.00 and everywhere else iv seen has been more than 100..

The seller is listing a stock Suzuki part number, retail 174.19, sale price maybe 156.77. Yes, you're looking at a deal. I suppose you have to have the silver as well, although a black carbon would look ok. fake or not.

A trick I use sometimes when I can't make up my mind.

I'll open a second browser tab or window, and set up a second last minute bid.

If the first last minute sniping bid doesn't work, I can quick fire off the second one.

I would bid at least 3/4 of the retail or sale value, since this is shown as stock, new, and in the factory shipping box. But admittedly, even being ruthless about a bargain, I throw money away all the time, so what the hell do I know...

edit: the hugger part is not shown in the regular sv650 parts lists, which is interesting. And doesn't appear to be one of the options. But yet, it does appear to have a factory part number and everything. I guess that would make them a little bit hard to find...

Edited by ReconRat

Just put in your highest bid (the most you're willing to pay for it) then walk away, otherwise you'll get cought up in the "I gotta win" mentality and pay more than you really want to. Trust me, I've done it...

+1

Been there myself too