Subaru owners?

DangBruhY

my gf has a 04 2.5rs sedan (silver, with auto). it's a great car for winter. i had a leased 07 2.5rs as a co car that i beat on, whored out, and then returned.

i briefly considered getting a sti (either one of the previous sedans or current hatchbacks... i guess sedans are coming back again?) but for being a mid 30 to 40K car, they were too tin can like... at least the 06 and 08's were. not that that's why one buys an sti, but i have minimal standards. i do love the way the 2006 sti drove though, more so than the newer hatch sti's. just fantastic.

I have one scattered throughout the shop right now, does that count? It's an 05, or 06 STi with a busted turbo, and the engine is pretty much trash. There are parts in 3 places through the shop from it, where I'm trying to get them out of my sight. Ugh...

Just bought a 2010 Outback 2 weeks ago. Really liking it so far...

CVT tranny w/ paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

CVT with paddle shifters? :wtf: CVT's do not shift, for the record, hence the CONSTANT VELOCITY part of their name.... I just don't get all the marketing crap... :nono:

CVT with paddle shifters? :wtf: CVT's do not shift, for the record, hence the CONSTANT VELOCITY part of their name.... I just don't get all the marketing crap... :nono:

I know what CVT is, Skippy ;).

The manual mode is for when you want to play in the hills/curves. There are 6 preset ranges.

Up 'til now I've always driven a stick--And there are times that I enjoy telling the engine what revs I want it to be pulling.

2003 Outback 4 cyl. for me. 96,000 miles and still running like a champ. Being in a place with snow has put it to work more in the past five months than it's seen in the last five years.

Steering squeaks a little bit; might be some air in the system.

Oh... why do you prefer the 2.2 to the 2.5? You haz head gasket troublez?

no i think the problem was taken care of by a PO

the 2.2 gets better mpgs, less mechanical problems and better engine design. or something. but im not considering another subaru in the future anyway.

however its absolutely awesome in the snow and off road