KTM Street Demos this weekend. Including the RC8!!

Moto-Brian

KTM will be holding a free demo ride event at the Mid-Ohio race track. This is free to riders that are 25 years and older and with valid motorcycle endorsements.

This is a time to try out such bikes as the new RC8, 990 Super Duke, 990 SMR, 690 based machines, etc.

Bring friends and family also as this is open to ANYONE that fits the requirements. There's not many street dealers in the area and this is a chance to see the bikes and even ride them and see how they feel vs. the others out there.

We will be doing about a 20 minute loop and it is open as such to allow you to try a lot of bikes.

We will have a lead rider and a sweeper to keep the group together and on task. It will be a great time and a great time to try bikes that are usually just available to sit on vs. test ride.

Event dates are Saturday the 24th and Sunday the 25th. Come on up!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's due to insurance guys. Sorry... Basically, KTM is doing something that no other bike company is doing at all. You cannot get a 20 minute loop on a BMW 1000R, aprillia RSVR, Duc 1098/R, etc... Hell, a Ninja ZX6R, etc is tough getting a ride on for that amount of time...

If they were Ninja 250s? Maybe...

It sucks, I know, but it's no different than you can get killed fighting for your country and yet, you cannot buy a beer in a bar... Rules.

I was told the RC8's werent available for demo riding let me know cause a buddy wants to ride one but wants to be sure! I am coming anyway to demo the 990's

As far as I know, we have them and will be available... I will at least have mine... I might be able to let your buddy ride if he is serious and we don't have them. However, I am told the truck has the bikes on there and ready to go.

I will confirm with corporate tomorrow...

Basically, KTM is doing something that no other bike company is doing at all. You cannot get a 20 minute loop on a BMW 1000R, aprillia RSVR, Duc 1098/R, etc... Hell, a Ninja ZX6R, etc is tough getting a ride on for that amount of time...

Um... Ducati does demo rides every year at Mid-Ohio, its a solid 20min loop. Triumph and a few other manufactures do this as well. Same rules apply with most manufactures

...This is a time to try out such bikes as the new RC8, 990 Super Duke, 990 SMR, 690 based machines, etc....

Does "etc." include the 450 EXC by any chance? That's one I'm interested in - it'd be nice to have an orange KTM to match the Blue KTM I'm picking up tomorrow....

This may be limited to Mid-Ohio School (PTR) participants, family, friends?

From the MO page ...

KTM, the official motorcycle of The Mid-Ohio School, will be providing sportbike riders with several unique opportunities throughout the year. During the first two PTR dates this weekend, the KTM Ride_Orange Street Demo Rig will roll into the paddock providing PTR participants and their families and friends the chance to ride one of several models including the 690 SMC, 690 Duke, 690 Enduro, 950 Enduro, 990 ADV, 990 SMT, 990 SMR and 990 Super Duke. KTM will have demo times available from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Sunday. Spots will be filled first-come, first-serve, and riders must be 25 years old and present a valid motorcycle license.