Hooters Hilliard starts May 21st

ReconRat

Lots of bikes argh. I had to live and breath Harleys till a few sports showed up. I was getting depressed. Huge quantities. Outdoor tables were all claimed before I got there even. All except one. Guess it was the first night out for many of them. Everyone dressed in their finest rags. And the bike show and all. But things changed when the Sun went down. Yes, that's right, everyone with temps left. Some at a proper time, and the rest shortly after dusk. And nobody I know won anything in the drawings.

Bike show was won by a big ass stock Suzuki cruiser, ignoring the righteous handmade Harley bobber. Go figure. Pics of both later today.

edit: No pics, it was too dark and all pics were blurred. So sad.

Edited by ReconRat

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice meeting you tonight. Nice bike too' date=' we need to ride together sometime.

I'm looking to ride on Sunday, what you up to on Sunday?

Nice turnout tonight by the way. Several OR's and lots of bikes![/quote']

Thank you for taking the time to introduce me to some other members. I look forward to doing this again soon. I'm going to see how things shake out before I commit to Sunday, but thank you for the invitation. I'm supposed to go to a get-to-gether on Sunday, but I think it's more of a "wifes-outa-town" sympathy invitation. Sympathy? :dunno: We'll communicate more as the day progresses.

Lots of bikes argh. I had to live and breath Harleys till a few sports showed up. I was getting depressed. Huge quantities. Outdoor tables were all claimed before I got there even. All except one. Guess it was the first night out for many of them. Everyone dressed in their finest rags. And the bike show and all. But things changed when the Sun went down. Yes, that's right, everyone with temps left. Some at a proper time, and the rest shortly after dusk. And nobody I know won anything in the drawings.

Bike show was won by a big ass stock Suzuki cruiser, ignoring the righteous handmade Harley bobber. Go figure. Pics of both later today.

The turquoise bobber parked by your bike... no question. Nice meeting you.

oh yeah, forgot... I apparently ignored the fact that there are a lot of drunks on the freeway downtown at midnight. I got run off the road twice at the 670 interchange downtown. Lawnmower Boy with the trailer forced me over onto the right-side berm with a double lane change. I knew better, both the time of night and the place where people always panic and change lanes. I passed him even faster, off the road. What? What did you want me to do? Park it and putt along behind his slow ass? Fate being what it is, a little van tried to do it to me again a few seconds later... Yes, second pass off the road on the right side in less than one minute. The van was in the wobble mode, drunk, phone, texting, or all three.

It's best to not pass anyone near or at a major interchange on a freeway. Basic rule.

Also not a good idea to pass people using the right-hand lane of a road.

I broke my own rulez...

I imagine anyone with a lawnmower on a trailer around midnight probably just got done with their post-work drink-a-thon. I had a near-miss myself just east of the 71 split. I gunned it when she began to drift and made it through on the road.

May 27th - Monday night car show @ Hooters Hillard

Facebook quote: "Hooters of Hilliard Memorial Day Car Show, this Monday! 11am-2pm Registration and 4pm Awards! Lots of Fun and Prizes!"

May 27th - Monday night car show @ Hooters Hillard

Facebook quote: "Hooters of Hilliard Memorial Day Car Show, this Monday! 11am-2pm Registration and 4pm Awards! Lots of Fun and Prizes!"

I just saw on your FB page that Hooters Hilliard has a FB and your two girlfriends are on there :p

I just saw on your FB page that Hooters Hilliard has a FB and your two girlfriends are on there :p

Yes' date=' yes they are. And more stuff that you haven't found yet.

Here's tonight and month of June:

[b']Hooters of Hillard

30700_132045400145671_100000206345113_358947_4057237_n.jpg

Hooters of East Main St

30800_130985740251637_100000206345113_352119_7282175_n.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

We've got our charity bike ride tomorrow morning so I doubt we'll be out

tonight, need to eat right tonight and get a good nights sleep.

If we make it out, probably won't be eating there and would be leaving early.

That one little thunderstorm is destined to hit Columbus.

Although it appears to be only the South part of Columbus.

With the storms growing suddenly today, I'll wait and see.

I might ride out to the Hooters East for a bit later on.

Or possibly ride to Hilliard after that storm passes...

edit: another one is forming up behind it, near Dayton,

with a path that will probably hit Columbus more centered.

NOAA weather says 26% chance of 0.01 inches of rain tonight...

For the Hilliard-Columbus area:

I say 30 minutes of rain starting 15 minutes from now,

followed by another 30 minutes of rain about an hour later.

Pretty much clear after that, maybe...

edit: the second storm is listed as 100% chance of hail, 60% chance of severe hail.

edit: first storm bringing .25" rain, second one bringing .50" of rain with winds.

edit: second storm not as severe now, but is now larger: 60 minutes of rain, followed by a third storm forming up.

Time for a computer game and a nap.... zzzzz

Rome-Hilliard Road current ODOT webcam view:

CMH123.jpg

dang, they turned the camera... it's pointed West...

Tomorrow, of course, it's going to rain cats and dogs...

Edited by ReconRat

edit: first storm bringing .25" rain, second one bringing .50" of rain with winds.

edit: second storm not as severe now, but is now larger: 60 minutes of rain, followed by a third storm forming up.

Time for a computer game and a nap.... zzzzz

Tomorrow, of course, it's going to rain cats and dogs...

Fuck the storms, I hate them! I started my "on call" week on Friday at 5pm, didn't get home until 3:45am Saturday.

Almost worked a damn triple! Up for 23hrs, worked 19 of them :(