One Benefit of the Poor Economy

Todd#43

Not sure what to say about that. :dunno:

I don't know that I can buy into the reasoning, seeing the number of new riders (myself included) in the past few years that I know of.

Follow me....

Fewer motorcycle fatalities is because of fewer motorcycle riders.

Fewer motorcycle riders is because of the shiddy economy.

Shiddy economy is Bush's fault.

Therefore:

Fewer motorcycle fatalities is Bush's fault.

Probably not because of less motorcycle riders on the road , but probably because there were 32% less 4 wheelers on th eroad to full out in front of the motorcycles on the road :dunno:

I won't speculate about economy but I do agree. Fewer riders means fewer fatalities and more riders means more fatalities. It's very simple statistics. Unless there is some other factor related to more motorcycle riders that somehow makes them safer.

Probably not because of less motorcycle riders on the road , but probably because there were 32% less 4 wheelers on th eroad to full out in front of the motorcycles on the road :dunno:

this is kind of what I was thinking before I read the article

The most recent trend in motorcycle fatalities and accidents, from last year, is the apparent drastic increase in involvement of motorcycles that are over 1200cc. That 1200+ category is involved in a rather large proportion of accidents and fatalities. But like any other statistic, it's really hard to ever say one way or the other.

The amounts shown would lead to believing that there is an overall drastic reduction in the trends for all categories that are below 1200cc.

And it's a new trend, that only raises more questions, not providing answers.

edit: Ok, I just looked up the recent NHTSA releases, and outside of a brief unsupported blurb about motorcycle percentages declining, in an unrelated document about state safety programs, there isn't anything other than a four year trend of declining percents for all vehicles.

Edited by ReconRat