Picked me up a tail bag

chevysoldier

Finally. Wife had a friend come over so I took the opportunity to get out. Grabbed dinner at White Castle, I'm gonna have the farts later, then went to Iron Pony. Found a tail bag I really liked. Has a lot of room with one expandable main compartment and two side ones. Has a bungee on top and a net that unpacks and snaps to hold your spare helmet. Can also add on saddle bags. Seems to be quality made and I like the fact it uses buckle straps instead of bungees. Saddlemen brand- $99.99.

aovyps.jpg

ixv984.jpg

eskn76.jpg

You need something to cushion the straps, to keep them from rubbing through the paint! Looks good though!

It actually came with 4 pieces of clear "tape" to put on the bike to protect it. Oh and it my laptop fits nice and snug. :D

They look like they "attach" to the body work and I am just not a big fan of that. The bag itself looks really nice and versatile though. Is there any way to run the straps securely under your rear seat?

On the way home I ran the strap through the frame. At home I did try to see if I could just run them under the seat but it was getting dark and cold so I'm gonna try again tomorrow. Under the rear seat would be easier and simpler to put on and off I think. I'll post up how I end up strapping it for good.

On the way home I ran the strap through the frame. At home I did try to see if I could just run them under the seat but it was getting dark and cold so I'm gonna try again tomorrow. Under the rear seat would be easier and simpler to put on and off I think. I'll post up how I end up strapping it for good.

That's why I like my bungies, easy to put on and take off.

I t looks good. Like it was made for the bike, duh...

I've tried both bungies and straps. I kinda think straps stay put better. Both will rub paint anyway. I haven't checked my tank cover straps to see if they have worn the paint.

I think I prefer the straps as well. They seem to stay put and you can get them nice and tight.

For your usage, I guess more secure is better, since you will use it morethan I do mine. You need somewhere to keep the bike that you can just leave the bag on it when you get home!

For your usage, I guess more secure is better, since you will use it morethan I do mine. You need somewhere to keep the bike that you can just leave the bag on it when you get home!

Would be nice to leave it on the bike. And I want it to be as secure as possible, don't want my new laptop bouncing down the road.