Marlin 795

scottb

Dang it, the Dicks Sporting Good ad had the Marlin 795 rifle ( 22LR semi-auto ) on sale for $99 after rebate. So I bought that rifle and put a $70 scope on it. The scope weights more then the rifle.

After about 100 CCi Mini-mags, the trigger is still very "heavy", lots of pull required. There were a few times I thought the safety was still on will squeezing the trigger.

Is this normal trigger "feel" for a Marlin?

I'm not sure about the 796, but I have a 925 in Magnum, and no, it's not that bad. Of course, I have worked on my trigger group a bit.

Head over to http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20 The guys and gals at RFC have been a great help to me. The link is for the Marlin Forums. Post your question there, and I am sure someone will be able to help.

Drew

You could try to stone the trigger assembly some. I did it to my 597 and it helps. just go slow and remove alittle at a time. Got rid of the creep in mine and also lightened the trigger some. Breaks real crisp and much smoother now. Got the info from rimfire also.