A long commute isn't always a bad thing...

thirdgenlxi

Well as some may or may not know, I lost my job about a month and a half ago. I recently started a new job up in Morganton, NC (at a much MUCH better company! Old place was a major s**thole). Only thing is with the new job is that it also comes with a hefty commute.... 120 miles/day if I take the backroads, 160 miles if I take the highway. But who would want to take the boring ass highway all that ways anyways?? Backroads everyday for me!

Here's the route on google maps...

commutemap.jpg

I usually leave my house around 6:35 am. I make my way out through all the apple orchards on some local backroads over to Rt. 64 and head east for a ways

DSC02128.jpg

Then head northeast on NC 9

DSC02127.jpg

Then continue NE on Old Fort Rd. I live in a valley, and my work is also in a valley, but there's a ginormous mountain in between the two. Old Fort Rd takes you up up up and to the top of the mountain, then down the other side of it

DSC02125.jpg

It's a fun road with some beautiful scenery

DSC02124.jpg

DSC02123.jpg

Gotta watch out for this stuff though.... it's all over on Old Fort Rd. Once you go through a few times though you know most of the spots where it's at, and just know to be extra mindful of it and take it real easy. It's still a fun road though even going slow

DSC02122.jpg

Lots of these, especially when you get up towards the top of the mountain

DSC02121.jpg

Definitely out in the sticks the whole way there.... sure wouldn't want to have a wreck or breakdown out here, especially since I have no cell phone signal most of the way

DSC02120.jpg

A few hairpins... those are always fun

DSC02118.jpg

Make it to work right at 8 am.... and being that my new boss is cool as all hell and also into sportbikes, I get the VIP parking spot right in my stall where I can keep a close eye on her all day long

c486ab60.jpg

Then repeat in the opposite direction at 5 pm

So yea... pretty rough commute I've got there, hahahah. I don't really think of it as a commute, but more like 3 FREE hours of mandatory playtime in the twisties.... every day!! I love it here... really hope I never have to move

wanna know whats funny this guy is also on a sportbike forum in Florida. No need to double post man. haha http://www.soflasportbikes.com/forum/member-photos/223321-long-commute-isnt-always-bad-thing.html

Why not?? They're two completely different forums. I'm on about a dozen other forums as well.... not all the same people on every single one of them

wanna know whats funny this guy is also on a sportbike forum in Florida. No need to double post man. haha http://www.soflasportbikes.com/forum/member-photos/223321-long-commute-isnt-always-bad-thing.html

I was gonna ask what the hell a vrod dude was doing on a sportbike forum, then I noticed you have a TLR listed now!

For the record, I have heard from pretty (well, ugly to be totally accurate) realiable sources that Dave can out ride most sportbike riders on his vrod....