HH Gregg Easton is hiring!

Tomcat0403

We need people on the sales floor, both home theater and appliances, as well as customer service. Commission based work environment so you make your own paycheck and we need people to start very soon. Shoot me a PM or apply online at hhgregg.com and let me know so I can put in a recommendation for you.

Its great that you guys are hiring, but honestly thats exactly why I don't go to HH Gregg anymore.. All the sales guys sit around like a washer or dryer and chit chat, and then as soon as a customer walks in BAM its like (Ok sales guy 1.. your turn..go make a sale) .. I feel like I'm buying furniture or a car.. Not sure if you are a manager there or not, but Id tell the sales people to relax.. let the customer look around and if they need help or have questions, someone will be glad to assist them.. You can tell they work on commission..

People in best buy do that to me too, and Im pretty sure best buy is not commission.

Thats the difference.. Best buy is not commission, the just generally are trying to help you... They don't all wait in a circle.. they are atleast in their department.

Thats the difference.. Best buy is not commission, the just generally are trying to help you... They don't all wait in a circle.. they are atleast in their department.

they're not on commission, but that doesn't mean they're not getting browbeat by their upstream managers for service and accessory sales.

they're not on commission, but that doesn't mean they're not getting browbeat by their upstream managers for service and accessory sales.

I usually tell the blue shirt mofo's that I don't need any help, or I'm just rude to them so that they'll leave me alone because 90% of the time I know more about what I'm looking at than most of them do, since I probably researched it before I even thought about going to their store to look at it in person. I'm even worse when it's some of the places that I know there's a comission involved.

The exception is when it comes to pricing or availability issues, which is when they seem to never come around. Example is when I bought my wife's last computer. Best Buy had a killer deal on it packaged with a printer and carrying case. All I needed to know was which printer and case, and I'd be out the door. I was there at least a half hour waiting for help, because I was being polite and not wanting to interrupt anyone! I would've left without the printer and case, but they said it was only good for that price as a package. Then when I check out, the clerk tells me it's not. Anyone need a printer? :lol:

:rant:

Anyway, good luck on filling the positions!

Edited by jporter12
I was an idiot

Personally if you don't want a professional.who knows what they are selling and would like to buy something that is wrong for your application or overkill or under kill all while paying more for the same product go right ahead. My people know their job, their product, and are personable. Not to mention I have put on here numerous times that I woukld take care of anyone on OR on whatever they like. people come over to my store constantly because they are not being helped across the street. If price is the only thing that drives you, I will destroy every price out there.

But I came on here to offer jobs to people in my community that deserve to be taken care of.

Personally if you don't want a professional.who knows what they are selling and would like to buy something that is wrong for your application or overkill or under kill all while paying more for the same product go right ahead. My people know their job, their product, and are personable. Not to mention I have put on here numerous times that I woukld take care of anyone on OR on whatever they like. people come over to my store constantly because they are not being helped across the street. If price is the only thing that drives you, I will destroy every price out there.

But I came on here to offer jobs to people in my community that deserve to be taken care of.

I don't go into HH often enough to bash them, so I guess I wasn't thinking straight when I said it's worse at places like HH. I guess I need to go fix that comment to not specifically say HH!

There are other places comission based sales people that I really hate to deal with. Some of them I have gotten flat out wrong answers, and bad advice from.

Understandable, I make sure that my people know the right specifications, applications, and overall knowledge about their products. And the company itself is great to work for. I have people working for me that have been there 20 or more years that have degrees in electrical engineering, and it is only because the like their job and they make a decent living. Believe me, my people give you what you want, no more no less. Unless there is a better product for the same amount of money!

• 2 weeks later...

Your people must be a lot different than the Sawmill Rd HHG, then. I went in lookng for a stove a few weeks ago, and the guy kept trying to show me electric stoves when I clearly said I needed a 30" gas one. Then, when he finally figured out that gas means its not gonna be a glass top, he tried showing me a Jenn-Air gas one that was way bigger than what I needed. When I pointed that out, he was "pretty sure" they could get one just like it in the size I need.

Anyway, I do need a job, but I don't want a commission based job.

since when did the job board become a rant/rave board?

he's posting a job for hire thread here, not about the service (or disservice) that hhgregg provides. take it or leave it, if you have something negative to say do it on another subforum.

bump.

since when did the job board become a rant/rave board?

He's posting a job for hire thread here, not about the service (or disservice) that hhgregg provides. Take it or leave it, if you have something negative to say do it on another subforum.

Bump.

meh

• 2 weeks later...