Another idiot...

Cleaner

I saw the exact same thing happen "live" when I worked at MPH.

One damp Saturday morning, a kid picked up his CBR600F4i, complete with brand new tires and frame sliders. I told him as he got on the bike to "be careful with the new skins". He told me "this is my SECOND set of tires - I know what I'm doing!". He didn't get 3 feet from the door, and his bike was spinning on its side in the parking lot. His buddy that dropped him off was laughing so hard he couldn't even help him pick the bike up.

I didn't say a word....just walked back into the shop, sat down at my desk and laughed like a mental patient for about an hour. :lol:

I saw the exact same thing happen "live" when I worked at MPH.

One damp Saturday morning, a kid picked up his CBR600F4i, complete with brand new tires and frame sliders. I told him as he got on the bike to "be careful with the new skins". He told me "this is my SECOND set of tires - I know what I'm doing!". He didn't get 3 feet from the door, and his bike was spinning on its side in the parking lot. His buddy that dropped him off was laughing so hard he couldn't even help him pick the bike up.

I didn't say a word....just walked back into the shop, sat down at my desk and laughed like a mental patient for about an hour. :lol:

I never took my bike in for tires, just my tires alone. I guess that was a sign that he should learn to take off his own wheels and take THEM in, which is as easy as learning how to blink.

I worked for a shop for about 6-7 years and we saw TONS of shit like this on a regular basis. We had a kid on a new R6 T-bone a Cavalier in the parking lot to a guy that got a new R1 (when they first came out and we sold it for like, $3k over sticker) and rode a wheelie on it and looped it - 3 miles on the odometer - totalled.

TONS of stories.

What's even funnier is the list of comments below from the arm chair riders. Comment about the kickstand was down (slide out from the right side) to guy was trying to skid and it got out of control (skids don't allow the rear to spin up and shoot out from under you...). That's probably a collection of larger douche bags than the guy who was taped...

I was wondering what the guy in the video actually DID as well... All I can think is that he either locked the rear tire (cold and new), or he spun the rear w/ too much throttle, or a dumped clutch.

But where did he think he was going w/ a wrist full of throttle??? There was a car in front of him.

apparently this guy just purchased his 2007 Gixxer. He's got his matching racing leathers on and his nice helmet with the smoked visor.

http://www.break.com/index/biker-crashes-brand-new-bike.html

douche

It's DWEEZEL! That must've been his 1st time down. He just can't seem to make it out of 1st gear all these times he's been down.

I was wondering what the guy in the video actually DID as well... All I can think is that he either locked the rear tire (cold and new), or he spun the rear w/ too much throttle, or a dumped clutch.

But where did he think he was going w/ a wrist full of throttle??? There was a car in front of him.

Everytime I see a video of an accident I think to myself, "what did he do wrong," and "what would I have done differently." I cannot see what that guy did wrong in that video. It looks like he's just riding and then all of the sudden his back wheel is sliding from under him. Its like he hit a patch of ice or something.