woman found guilty in fatal "nail polish" crash

John

i know accidents happen (though in this case was willful negligence), but it never seems right when one person dies and the punishment is max. 5 years. It almost serves to trivialize the seriousness that is actually involved in operating a motor vehicle.

I'm glad they came back with a guilty verdict. If you read the whole story it is still very clear that all of us are expendable because we choose to be on 2 wheels. Comments made by both the prosecutor and defense attorney clearly show that the same rules don't apply when you kill a motorcyclist. I hope this case starts to turn the tide but I feel that it will mean nothing in the end. Be safe and keep your head on a swivel.

Seriousely How come ohio doesn't ban cell phone using and eating and so on while driving ? Alot of countries does so , 2 hands on the wheel stearing , means both of them at the same time , checking mirrors every 30 seconds means you should really keeps concentrating on all directions not only forword, and tbh texting , nail bolishing , etc makes you take 2 hands of the stearing wheel, eyes off the road, who is driving your car now ? Angels ?

But prosecutor Mike Mermel said there's a big difference between polishing nails and other forms of distracted driving. "It is not the same as biting a sandwich ... it's a voluntary disablement," he said."She might as well have been in the back seat making a sandwich."

Eating a sandwich is voluntary disablement also?

"If she could, she would give herself up for Anita Zaffke," he said.

I doubt it.

DELETED COMMENT for misreading

But he contended authorities were trying to make an example of Hunt because she is a woman.

Gotta throw the sexism into it.

Hunt said she only applied a couple strokes before putting the brush back into the bottle.

And then she lied, it was spilled all over the steering wheel.

I'm trying to imagine how someone could paint their nails and keep both hands gripped on the steering wheel. Sure if you eat a sandwich you can do that with one hand, but painting nails I think it'd be impossible. She was wreckless and killed someone because she wasn't paying attention. She'll be out on parole in a year on good behavior. :nono:

Edited by chevysoldier