Launch methods?

shadyone

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I second not dumping the clutch, i stood my nighthawk up on a 45 degree angle at the starting line by doing that.... I can't imagine what you might do with real power... But its all good, everyone was thrilled that an 85 honda could do that!:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

So its been over a year since this thread started and I haven't got to drag race it yet. I looked for a kill switch lanyard but never bothered actually buying one. whats a good price for one of these. and where do most people get them from.

I looked for a kill switch lanyard but never bothered actually buying one. whats a good price for one of these. and where do most people get them from.

http://www.pingelonline.com/kill_switches.htm

I ended up buying mine from a local speed shop when I lived out in PA. The inexpensive plastic ones are just under $20. I had a panel mount styled one on my Honda. Last time I drag raced was back in 2000, 85 Honda vf1000f. Pulled a couple good times around 12s/110mph. Wasn't bad for a bone stock 15 year old overweight bike with skinny tires and close to 25k miles on it. :rolleyes: I still want to take my Duc down the track one of these days. Just need to figure out how to get that kill switch on it without hacking up the wiring.:D

I wouldn't worry about drag racing a stock wheelbased 600.......you're doing it right by going to trackdays etc........just go pickup a cheap 1000 or bigger and stretch it out to learn on :D

Up to you though........I'm not a drag fan myself - I enjoy turning too much

where does one find one of these? I really need to figure out how to launch this damn thing.

Just go to the dragstrip and practice. All the hardcore drag race guys are going to tell you to hit it with alot of power and spin off the line, which doesn't work well on a stock height 600. You just need to get the timing down between feeding clutch and throttle. Goal is to get to WOT ASAP without bogging the motor or overslipping the clutch while keeping the front end down.