Pet Peeves

Fonzie

I started this as a blog over on the new board, but it sounds like those are gonna get erased when Caspatan rolls it out live, so thought I'd start it as a thread instead. In fact.... Looks like they may be gone already, as I just went to cut/paste what I already had written there, & it seems to be gone

I'll start if off with my first few.....

1) Handicap parkers who take regular spots, when there are plenty of theirs available

2) General lack of common sense

3) Braggarts

4) Hypocrites/liars

5) Those people in the checkout lane that have no sense of personal space & get right up on your a$$, resulting in me asking them to back the heck up

6) Cashiers who are so busy talking to each other, they never even acknowledge you're there, or thank you for their job security by shopping at their store, thereby forcing me to get sarcastic with them & call them out in front of everybody

7) Spitters &/or gaggers

More to come.... Just a few to get warmed up ;)

Feel free to contribute

Edited by Fonzie

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One that I deal with on a weekly basis...

People too fat, lazy, selfish, _____(fill in the blank with whatever the excuse is) to walk their DAMN shopping carts back to the cart returns and leave them strewn about in the parking lot.

I guess for me, that's the the tip of the iceberg that starts to snowball inside my brain about "what's wrong with Americans" -- the cart return is a symptom of a much larger systemic problem. :mad:

1)Left lane loungers- those rude drivers going 5mph slower than the rest of the road but still insist on using the left hand lane.

2)Right lane passing (me included, the stupid left lane loungers force me to be a hypocrit)

One of my pet peeves is the people who circle looking for a spot up close at a mall. They are going to a mall which requires a lot of walking to begin with so what is the harm in parking a few more spots away.

People too fat, lazy, selfish, _____(fill in the blank with whatever the excuse is) to walk their DAMN shopping carts back to the cart returns and leave them strewn about in the parking lot.

I guess for me, that's the the tip of the iceberg that starts to snowball inside my brain about "what's wrong with Americans" -- the cart return is a symptom of a much larger systemic problem. :mad:

Grocery stores have to LOVE me.....

As an old bagger, I'm always straightening up their corrals by pushing all the carts together in 2 neat rows

OCD I know, but old habits die hard :rolleyes:

This.. A thousand times, this.

People that merge onto 315 or any highway on ramp at a speed of 12 mph. This seems to only be common in Columbus, oddly.

than and then....fucking a, its not that hard

roads with a 50mph speed limit...usually in an area that should be 45 (e broad, 256, etc), so people feel like theyre speeding when they go the speed limit, which results in them slowing down to 40 in a 50

I'm always straightening up their corrals by pushing all the carts together in 2 neat rows

I'll usually grab the one or two nearest carts to where we park and return them to the corral (or use it in the store instead of grabbing a new one).

I actually had some old black lady stop me one day when she saw me returning the two shopping carts and tell me I was "an exceptional young man" for returning them "all the way from where you parked" :eek:. That's how sad it is, to be recognized for that. Nice lady, though.

this guy... especially when one lane is closed for construction.. and this guy thinks he is the smartest mother fucker alive

Gu0AH.png

GOOD ONE!! I intentionally try & block those aHoles sometimes :mad:

I'll usually grab the one or two nearest carts to where we park and return them to the corral (or use it in the store instead of grabbing a new one).

I actually had some old black lady stop me one day when she saw me returning the two shopping carts and tell me I was "an exceptional young man" for returning them "all the way from where you parked" :eek:. That's how sad it is, to be recognized for that. Nice lady, though.

Racists are a pet peeve of mine too :lol:

its & it's

two, to & too

affect & effect

i.e. & e.g.

Grammar, spelling, punctuation in general; there is one person on this forum that <really> needs to take an ESL class or two.

A mistake here or there - no big deal.

Continually butchering the language just makes a person look less than intelligent.

</rant>

Edited by jblosser

Periods.. and people that don't appropriately use an ellipsis. :D

I bet I drive you nuts then :p

And I agree.... I hate women's period time too