The mistake on the lake..

hollywood3586

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LeBron will do what LeBron wants. Personally, I think he's greedy enough to stay here, because the Cavs will be able to pay him more than anyone else. For some reason, I think having the biggest contract possible will be important to LeBron; even if it means giving an (arguably) better opportunity with someone else.

Wade, Bosch and LeBron could easily tell their agents, "make sure we're all on the same team. Either Miami, or Chicago." They'd have to sacrifice a little money, but what's a few million dollars to them? Get each guy 3-year deals with one team, and watch them win at least 2 championships in those three years.

Then they're all free-agents again, and can go make the money they feel they 'deserve' wherever they want; or stay put, and rival the Celtics as the NBA's best dynasty team ever.

If they're really all about winning championships, they should start acting like it. Endorsements alone make Wade and LeBron more money than basketball.

Re: Mike Brown

I'm not the biggest Mike Brown fan, but it's not his fault we lost this series. Mike Brown wasn't 3/14 from the field. Mike Brown didn't turn the ball over 14 times, or shoot terribly from the free-throw line. Yeah, he messed with the lineup, but when things aren't working, I understand the 'experimentation' even when I don't agree with it.

NEW YORK -- The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired head coach Mike Brown, two league sources told SI.com.

Brown, who won the NBA's Coach of the Year Award last year, compiled a 272-138 record in five seasons leading the Cavaliers. He also led the team to the playoffs in each of those seasons, including a Finals apperance in 2007.

Cleveland's inability to return to the championship round in the last two years, especially after nabbing the league's best record in both seasons, drew criticism of Brown's ability to manage his team and winning rotations.

A source also told SI.com that GM Danny Ferry will be retained by the team for the forseeable future.

Meanwhile, the Associated Press is reporting that Mike Woodson has been let go by the Atlanta Hawks.

NEW YORK -- The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired head coach Mike Brown, two league sources told SI.com.

Brown, who won the NBA's Coach of the Year Award last year, compiled a 272-138 record in five seasons leading the Cavaliers. He also led the team to the playoffs in each of those seasons, including a Finals apperance in 2007.

Cleveland's inability to return to the championship round in the last two years, especially after nabbing the league's best record in both seasons, drew criticism of Brown's ability to manage his team and winning rotations.

A source also told SI.com that GM Danny Ferry will be retained by the team for the forseeable future.

Meanwhile, the Associated Press is reporting that Mike Woodson has been let go by the Atlanta Hawks.

WOW! :eek: I know you guys have been gripin' about him..... But he's COY last year, with best record in NBA 2 years in row, taking his team to playoffs both years (obviously), his best player gets injured at crunch time, & he's tossed within' 12 hours of the loss. I'm bettin' he's scooped up somewhere else by end of weekend

On a side note.... Kinda disappointed. I still love Shaq, & was hopin' to see him & Kobe go at it :D

Aw well.... Go Lakers!

I'm not shocked at all. His in game coaching has always been terrible, rotations were questionable and he was a "defensive" coach yet thats something they seemed to lack continuously all year.

Without LeBron, he would've never gotten that COY. The writing was on the wall that if they didn't win it all this year he was gone. I knew we were in trouble when one of the strong points of the team was depth yet he cuts back to a 7-8 player rotation. To me that makes zero sense, why change what worked ALL year?

I'm not shocked at all. His in game coaching has always been terrible, rotations were questionable and he was a "defensive" coach yet thats something they seemed to lack continuously all year.

Without LeBron, he would've never gotten that COY. The writing was on the wall that if they didn't win it all this year he was gone. I knew we were in trouble when one of the strong points of the team was depth yet he cuts back to a 7-8 player rotation. To me that makes zero sense, why change what worked ALL year?

Excellent counterpoints

Excellent counterpoints

ahh thank you :D

With all the years of organized basketball teams under my belt and a few years of recreational coaching it is really hard for me not to critique these sorts of things. Granted its way easier to be the armchair quarterback but some things are just so blatantly obvious and I like to think of some decisions as a "sport common sense".

the NBA is totally rigged. maybe not as rigged as professional wrestling, WWF or whatever, but its rigged nonetheless.

it just was not rigged for cleveland this year.

LeBron will do what LeBron wants. Personally, I think he's greedy enough to stay here, because the Cavs will be able to pay him more than anyone else. For some reason, I think having the biggest contract possible will be important to LeBron; even if it means giving an (arguably) better opportunity with someone else.

IMO lebron just wants to win championships. he will go where ever he has the best chance. if the nets made him an offer, i highly doubt he would take it, even if it was for more money, because there is no way in hell they are winning a championship.

now, if someone like orlando, boston, miami or LA were to make him an offer with more money, then he probably would. why not? make more money, plus you have a good chance to get some rings.

man, you basketball fans sure know how to piss and moan. They made the playoffs, it was a winning season...quit yer bitchin'

Oooohh....yay!

They made the playoffs.

So did half the other teams in the NBA.

What's so special about that?

the NBA is totally rigged. maybe not as rigged as professional wrestling, WWF or whatever, but its rigged nonetheless.

it just was not rigged for cleveland this year.

i complete agree with this. Sometimes its worse than others but I wouldn't doubt shit gets uncovered in the future

IMO lebron just wants to win championships. he will go where ever he has the best chance. if the nets made him an offer, i highly doubt he would take it, even if it was for more money, because there is no way in hell they are winning a championship.

now, if someone like orlando, boston, miami or LA were to make him an offer with more money, then he probably would. why not? make more money, plus you have a good chance to get some rings.

Nobody can offer him more money than the Cavs. One of the few things the NBA has ever done right is with the way the salary structure is set up along with how Bird Rights work.

IMO, even though it is Cleveland I think his best option is to stay with a 3 year contract and try to get Stoudemire. If its ONLY about winning, I think he is best fit in Miami but I just can't see LeBron playing 2nd fiddle to D-Wade since Miami is his town

• 2 weeks later...

i thought LBJ was gonna stay...before the playoff melt down. Now, I'd be shocked if he did. The Bulls, with Phil Jackson coaching are an option...plus the Mavs make a lot of sense.

With a better coach...the Cavs could have done some damage. Also, LBJ doesn't have a consistent #2 man. Make no mistake...the Celtics WERE the better team in the playoffs. Of the top 5 players, 4 of them were on the Celtics. Either the players sucks that bad, or Mike Brown lost the team...or a little of both.

Oh well.