Help with sprockets/chain

copper1k

Anyone near Pickerington want to lend me a hand?

I need to replace my chain and sprockets and this will be a new experience for me. It doesn't seem too difficult but I would prefer to have someone who has done it before give me a hand so I don't jack anything up.

I should also mention that I don't have a chain break tool or a rivet press (I think a c-clamp would work???).

I do have all the hand tools needed.

If anyone has a couple of hours to spare later this afternoon to play instructor/mechanic I'd appreciate it greatly.

I live off of Refugee near 256.

Thanks

Those tools are fairly cheap at Harbor Freight. And it's really not hard at all the tool comes with complete instuctions. If you were closer I would but I cant make that trip today. I'll be in town thru the week for work though if you dont get it done today let me know and I can stop by after work one day.

Those tools are fairly cheap at Harbor Freight. And it's really not hard at all the tool comes with complete instuctions./quote]

Thanks.

If all the tool does is spread the rivet out I can modify a c-clamp to do it (saw it on youtube).

I'm going to go work on it now, hopefully things go smooth.

its not hard really. Just make sure u tripple check the new chain length before you cut it. Also watch for the pin on the chain breaker because they snap fairly easily. When doing the rivet part roll the master link onto the rear sprocket so it hold it for u while u rivet it.

When doing the rivet part roll the master link onto the rear sprocket so it hold it for u while u rivet it.

I have everything done except the rivet part. I don't have a press tool so I've attempted a DIY c-clamp and flange pin. So far I can't get the pins to flare out. The last thing I want to do is use a hammer and punch to do it.

All suggestions welcome, except for buying a rivet tool.icon10.gif

Anyone near Pickerington want to lend me a hand?

I need to replace my chain and sprockets and this will be a new experience for me. It doesn't seem too difficult but I would prefer to have someone who has done it before give me a hand so I don't jack anything up.

I should also mention that I don't have a chain break tool or a rivet press (I think a c-clamp would work???).

I do have all the hand tools needed.

If anyone has a couple of hours to spare later this afternoon to play instructor/mechanic I'd appreciate it greatly.

I live off of Refugee near 256.

Thanks

i live off refugee near 256, and have a rivet chain tool.