Cambridge Fire

cfd37buckeye

Not sure of the exact date yet, but the Cambridge Fire Dept. will be conducting a Civil Service Exam to fill the position of Fire Inspector/Firefighter. I believe they are talking mid July. We run Fire/Rescue only. Must have 240 and EMT to take the test. $20 application fee. Military gets extra % on the test. Shift is 24/48. This is an excellent time to get in, we are a small dept. and we are looking at 3-5 retirements in the next 2-4 years. This test could get you in. Salary starts at around 45K. I will post up full details when civil service releases them.

Here's the skinny

A competitive examination for entry level firefighter will be conducted on July 14, 2010 at 5:30 pm at the Justice Center, 601 Southgate Parkway, Cambridge, Ohio 43725.

Prerequisites: H.S. Diploma or GED

Completion of Ohio Level I & II Firefighter

Ohio EMT Basic

Between the age of 18 and 36

$20 Fee, and application completion

Additional credit for Military requires a copy of Honorable Discharge

Appointment Requirements:

Successful completion of Civil Service Examination

Successful completion of a physical examination with emphasis placed on cardiovascular and pulmonary health.

Tests that require physical endurance while utilizing SCBA

and physical endurance test at extensive heights associated with

aerial ladders.

Must comply with City of Cambridge residency requirements within 90

days of appointment.

Successful completion of an interview with work related questions.

Application Process: Applications may be picked up at the Cambridge Civil Service Commission office located at 1331 Steubenville Ave. Cambridge, OH 43725. Office hours are Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m., and Fridays from 7:00 a.m.- 3:00p.m. Special arrangements can be made if you are unable to come in during these hours by calling 740-432-3601. Applications can also be obtained online at www.cambridgefd.org. Applications must be completed and returned by 12:00 NOON, July 2, 2010 with PROOF of Ohio Firefighter I &II, Ohio Certified EMT-B, and Honorable Discharge for Military Credit, Payment of $20 exam fee. You will receive a study guide upon receipt of application

I checked the website before I posted this, and did not see the application. As a matter of fact, it still says we are at full staff and not hiring.