Ump makes the worst call in MLB history

Bad324

baseball is pretty irrelevant to me anymore but my roommate mentioned he saw on ESPN the Indians were on the wrong side of a perfect game so figured I'd check it out.

One out away and the Tigers pitcher gets screwed hardcore by a ump. This is 2 batters after the Tigers CF had to make an incredible play to keep it perfect. This is why MLB needs to adopt instant replay and can 75% of umpires

nah, worst ump call was last year in the playoffs when the yankees catchers pickled a runner back to 3rd, the runner from second was standing just off the 3rd base by 2-3 feet, catcher tags running going back to 3rd out and then tags the runner coming to 3rd, both off the base mind you. ump rules guy going home out, guy going to 3rd safe at third. still havent figured that one out, same as a the announcers that day.

nah, worst ump call was last year in the playoffs when the yankees catchers pickled a runner back to 3rd, the runner from second was standing just off the 3rd base by 2-3 feet, catcher tags running going back to 3rd out and then tags the runner coming to 3rd, both off the base mind you. ump rules guy going home out, guy going to 3rd safe at third. still havent figured that one out, same as a the announcers that day.

i agreed that was ridiculously terrible, I think I watched that game live but not sure. The reason I call this the worst is that the guy screwed up a historical once in a lifetime shot at something thats only happened 21 times in 130 some years

i agreed that was ridiculously terrible, I think I watched that game live but not sure. The reason I call this the worst is that the guy screwed up a historical once in a lifetime shot at something thats only happened 21 times in 130 some years

Or twice already this season. :D

indeed a terrible call. The whole team worked hard for a perfect game to get blown on a shit call. as to what happened 9th inning 2 outs batter hits up between first and second pitcher gpes to cover first and make the out by a good solid step and the runner is called safe.

If that's not the last straw for MLB to go to replay, I don't know what is. That kid was robbed, though I will give the ump some credit for manning up and facing the music after the game. From what a lot of the baseball anylists say, he's a very well respected ump. Just a sad situation all the way around.

i just don't understand how you make a safe call on such a close play like that being what should've been the last out of a perfect game. Makes no sense to me

If that's not the last straw for MLB to go to replay, I don't know what is. That kid was robbed, though I will give the ump some credit for manning up and facing the music after the game.

It's like you're readin' my mind man! ;)

Don't get into baseball much anymore, unless the Dodgers make the playoffs, but this call was horrendous!! Kid got screwed!

Tie ALWAYS goes to the runner, but this wasn't even close :nono:

I agree.... Not that it helps or changes things, but at least Joyce isn't tryin' to cop out of it like a weasel. He's bein' stand up about it & takin' his lumps.... Gotta at least respect that..... Shows character

baseball is pretty irrelevant to me ...

Yep. Until they initiate a salary cap, I am boycotting baseball.

2010 Yankees Payroll is over 206 million

2010 Pirates Payroll is under 35 million

It's ridiculous to watch teams develop talent that they can't afford to sign (C.C.). Only 5-6 large market teams have a ligitimate shot at signing the best talent and competing at the highest level. It's just not worth watching anymore.