R6 - 0 : Gravity - 1

demitrix

Glad to see you are alright I just dumped my SV in the metroparks last Saturday.I was ok and bike for the most part was fine just a bent bar end and the shifter sheared off but it was ready to go pretty much the next day thanks to the handywork of Nacademus.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you are alright I just dumped my SV in the metroparks last Saturday.I was ok and bike for the most part was fine just a bent bar end and the shifter sheared off but it was ready to go pretty much the next day thanks to the handywork of Nacademus.

where at?

Well I do suppose if i sold my bike I could get a jacket...yeah thats what I'll do.

I dont want to get in an argument over this, but honestly whether i was in a full track suit or a tshirt, in this particular accident, it wouldnt have made a difference. Yeah I'd be down a few scratches but those dont concern me it was the blunt impact of me landing on my shoulder that injured it. Leather or cotton, my shoulder would still hurt. Yeah if i wouldve gone down in gravel or on the asphalt itd be a different story. I didnt though. So please dont lecture me on gear, I dont have a spare couple hundred to spend right now and if you want to say that i shouldnt ride without it then I'm sorry thats my choice, it wont kill you when i wreck without gear.

Edited by demitrix

OK then don't bitch about your shoulder hurting... either you spend a $100 or so on a jacket or you eff up your arm and spend double that (if you have insurance) on fixing your shoulder. They do have guards all over jackets and they act as shock absorbers. At least mine does, and it was only $110... so your right it is your decision, but just be aware we don't care about reckless choices on here..

Well I do suppose if i sold my bike I could get a jacket...yeah thats what I'll do.

I dont want to get in an argument over this, but honestly whether i was in a full track suit or a tshirt, in this particular accident, it wouldnt have made a difference. Yeah I'd be down a few scratches but those dont concern me it was the blunt impact of me landing on my shoulder that injured it. Leather or cotton, my shoulder would still hurt. Yeah if i wouldve gone down in gravel or on the asphalt itd be a different story. I didnt though. So please dont lecture me on gear, I dont have a spare couple hundred to spend right now and if you want to say that i shouldnt ride without it then I'm sorry thats my choice, it wont kill you when i wreck without gear.

Shut the fuck up. You sound like a child. If you can't afford to ride safe, you probably shouldn't ride until you can. Gear is not that expensive. You're right, it won't kill ME but it still makes the rest of the sport bike community look like fucking squid morons when so many douche bags ride with no gear and crash. It makes us all look bad.

ps nice jackets can be had for way less than hundreds of dollars. Even on here you can get one for $50.

I was almost gonna be nice enough and offer up my red scorpion textile for super cheap too until this...

Let's back up and be nice about this. This is a sensitive issue to us gear Nazis as you can see. You got the bike you also need gear. I know you see all the Dbag squids doing squid shit all over Lancaster and at Rising park. I see it too.

That Sir is not what this sport is about. At least not in this community. We know people go down gear or not the difference is potentialy being able to come out unscathed and/or get up quickly to avoid being run over. You don't want to get up and have NO skin covering your Knees, Elbows, Ankle bone or your face. Skin is good to have covering these areas. Skin graphs are not fun or anyone.

Gotta get the gear man. Even somethin basic is going to have elbow shoulder and a back pad. You can get something for under $100 for now.

Post up a WTB thread (want to buy).

WTB: Jacket. Medium. On the cheap please.

Someone here will have something for you.

Make this something you have learned from so it doesn't happen again.

Also look at gear to protect your bike. Sliders, case savers, etc. Prolly wouldn't help in this case but next time will prolly be different.

Laters.

Not sure exacly somewhere between Strongsville and Brecksville.

ah yea its my neck of the woods and I really only know one "technical" road in the metroparks so was curious as to what happened

Well i was riding everything was good and we decided to pull into a park to take a little break and there was a curve in the road and it was covered in gravel and the road was just in real bad shape and me being new I panicked and hit my break and down I went.It was a newb mistake but I came out unhurt and there was just minor damage to the bike so I think im lucky.

Let's back up and be nice about this. This is a sensitive issue to us gear Nazis as you can see. You got the bike you also need gear. I know you see all the Dbag squids doing squid shit all over Lancaster and at Rising park. I see it too.

That Sir is not what this sport is about. At least not in this community. We know people go down gear or not the difference is potentialy being able to come out unscathed and/or get up quickly to avoid being run over. You don't want to get up and have NO skin covering your Knees, Elbows, Ankle bone or your face. Skin is good to have covering these areas. Skin graphs are not fun or anyone.

Gotta get the gear man. Even somethin basic is going to have elbow shoulder and a back pad. You can get something for under $100 for now.

Post up a WTB thread (want to buy).

WTB: Jacket. Medium. On the cheap please.

Someone here will have something for you.

Make this something you have learned from so it doesn't happen again.

Also look at gear to protect your bike. Sliders, case savers, etc. Prolly wouldn't help in this case but next time will prolly be different.

Laters.

I didnt mean to come across as immature or anything, its just frustrating cause i know i need gear but im only working part time and am looking for another job so even a cheap jacket isnt really an option right now. Though i appreciate the offers. As far as 'making the community look bad'. Yeah riding with just a helmet t shirt and jeans doesnt portray the best image but I'm also nothing like the guys that hang out at Rising Park.

I didnt mean to come across as immature or anything, its just frustrating cause i know i need gear but im only working part time and am looking for another job so even a cheap jacket isnt really an option right now. Though i appreciate the offers. As far as 'making the community look bad'. Yeah riding with just a helmet t shirt and jeans doesnt portray the best image but I'm also nothing like the guys that hang out at Rising Park.

Exactly why I tell everyone who is looking for a bike to buy the gear first THEN the bike. (Before someone cries about colors...I say get black gear. :D)

I have a fairly nice Joe rocket jacket textile jacket laying around that I could probably part with pretty cheap to help you out. PM if your interested and we could work something out. I was using it until I bought my leather jacket. Was gonna keep it as an extra but no one should be riding around without atleast a textile jacket.