R6 - 0 : Gravity - 1

demitrix

So went through the hocking hills last night and found out that my R6 doesn't handle well once it leaves the pavement. Ill put some pictures once i get motivated enough to do it. All in all i got lucky. Nothing broke on me just cant move my shoulder much and a few cuts and scrapes. The bike didnt get so lucky, but its still mechanically sound, so depending on the insurance outcome I might be joining the street fighter club.

IMG_0043Medium.jpg

IMG_0044Medium.jpg

IMG_0045Medium.jpg

IMG_0046Medium.jpg

IMG_0047Medium.jpg

IMG_0048Medium.jpg

IMG_0049Medium.jpg

Edited by demitrix

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened? I don't really remember. Me and Shawn were on 278 just outside Nelsonville and there is a big hill with some twisties on it, first time I rode it I got spooked and slowed down like a gma, this time I want to keep an okay pace through it, I wasnt really pushing just trying to keep it over the 10 MPH I did last time. Went through the first right, which goes right back into a left and I just went straight instead, braked as much as I could before I got to the grass and then it was over.

..Went through the first right, which goes right back into a left and I just went straight instead, braked as much as I could before I got to the grass and then it was over.

Ooooww, that sucks. I absolutely love the "switch-backs" (is that the right term??) where you lean one way into the first turn

then flip and immediately lean the opposite way into the next turn, damn fun, unless you don't make it :o

lol, i actually stopped at the gas station in Nelsonville to get zip ties to hold the front of the bike on and the cashier has a whole bag laying there and its like "O these are for our 'something or other', I don't know if I'm allowed to give you any"...

I have always wanted to see an R6 do dirt track racing. Have to say...i'm not impressed. lol. I was following Bob...and got to see most of everything unfold. Came around the corner...and a nice teal cavalier on the side of the road...road starts to straighten up...not going over 30 mph...and Bob veers off to the side of the road into the grass. If he had been going any faster and gone a littler further into the grass, he would have met downhill woods...where i think the forest would have tried to keep the bike.

I think i got the worse end of the deal though. I burned my arm on his exhaust. :(

As i'm sure some of you can imagine, it is absolutely terrifying watching a friend go down. Whether it's 130 or just 30. Not sure what i would have done, watching him crash and not get back up. Glad your ok for the most part man. Let me know what insurance does.

Edited by NightRider

I dunno, it would be nice to get Yamaha to do it cause they would want an arm and a leg so I'd be getting a fat check. Doc's doesn't do much with imports so I'm a little leery.

Could always take it out to Yamaha and see. Wouldn't hurt, or maybe call 1st. See what they say.

Hope ya heal up soon and get insurance figured out. I've been wanting to go ride hocking, used to drive down there a couple times a year with the old cage

Edited by tyler524

278 at night? Most of the turns there are blind enough during the day.

It was around 6 something. Still day light out. The roads were still wet on certain stretches. Basically a grip and rip...through dry pavement type deal. We knew this turn and the turn at the bottom was coming up, and the road looked soiled with water. He took the turn fine, from what i can remember...but something about the downhill thing played it's part.

Hope ya heal up soon and get insurance figured out. I've been wanting to go ride docking, used to drive down there a couple times a year with the old cage

Docking? Never heard of it. :p

It was around 6 something. Still day light out. The roads were still wet on certain stretches. Basically a grip and rip...through dry pavement type deal. We knew this turn and the turn at the bottom was coming up, and the road looked soiled with water. He took the turn fine, from what i can remember...but something about the downhill thing played it's part.

Was it that steep downhill S curve in the really deep woods? I don't like that patch one bit, I always take it much slower than I need to.

Standout, Yes and yes, its 2 months old to me.

Benyen, I think you got the spot, its really only like 3 minutes from the end of the ride, there are 4 turns down the hill and its pretty woodsy. Like I said I had the same reaction as you last time, I went way too slow I guess this time i was going a lil fast.