on a slightly slower note...

Unk Greg

Poking around on the back roads here in Amish country I noticed a few "Historical" markers - Ohio's first sate road. Looks like it runs from Millersburg to Port Washington (US36) using predominately county roads.

Beemer boys are interested in ferretting out the route-we'll follow the signs. Not sure if gravel roads will be there-we'll detour around...you adventure bikes can have at it.

No date set as yet....anyone here interested sing out and we'll close on the date. Some points of interest will be the scenic ridges and Baltic (Hoo-Hah!). I think it uses 651 and 93 -both very nice roads on there on. So looks like, Holmes, Kerschocton and Tusc Counties for route.

Just out poking around and ran into gravel roads three places, but able to scoot around on pavement and appear back on route. Only went from Mlbg to old SR21 at N.Philly (Crooked Run Rd). Nice tour, but NOW...I'm suddenly employed! Long story, but stopped at a place and put in an app-apparently not too many applicants score a 100 on the math test-hired on the spot! Yikes, now what have I got myself into?

Still a viable tour though! Dual purpose bikes can have at the original route! When I see when I'm not working...hmmm, maybe. Somebody else wanna grab this run?

• 1 month later...

Now then, I went back thru with the JEEP and tried the gravel bits, dropped off of SR651 (Coshocton/Holmes/Tusc corner) and not a thousand feet into the gravel and something thunked my transfer case...it hit hard...felt it right up thru the seat and my ass cheek is still sore...stopped and looked underneath...mus' be that clean spot on the running gear where it hit....gas gauge wasn't dumping so continued on a bit more. This is definitely dual sport route for the gravel bits!

Making that map wasn't easy, and I'm sure it's mostly dirt and gravel roads.

port-washington-road-sign.jpg

There is another "first state road", 1807, called The Bullskin Road that runs from Bullskin Landing on the Ohio River to Xenia, where it becomes The Detroit Road and goes to Detroit through Urbana, Bowling Green, Toledo, etc.

The Bullskin Road