Strickland endorsed by NRA

Uncle Punk

Kasich or Strickland?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Kasich or Strickland?

• Kasich
    • Strickland
    • Neither

LOL. Why are you going to sit this one out?

Because he can't vote for someone endorsed by the NRA, and he's a diehard liberal sissy that has to vote Democrat? Or maybe because he hates Strickland but always votes for whoever the NRA tells him to? :dunno:

On Kasich, from the Oracle of Wiki:

He formerly hosted Heartland with John Kasich on the Fox News Channel and also guest hosted The O'Reilly Factor, filling in for Bill O'Reilly as needed. Kasich also frequently appeared as a guest host and analyst on Hannity & Colmes and now Hannity...

...In 2001, Kasich took a job as managing director of the Columbus investment banking division of Lehman Brothers.[23] He remained at the company until its collapse in September 2008. During 2008, Lehman Brothers paid Kasich $587,175 in salary, bonuses, and other benefits.

Ugh. As much as I loathe voting for anyone who actually attended a seminary, Strickland hasn't been that bad on most things.

Do you know how worthless a Republican has to be to get the NRA to endorse a Democrat?

And someone who's worked for both Faux News and Lehman Bros? This looks legit! :rolleyes:

Of course, it could just be that I happen to be a pro-gun liberal.

Edited by Aerik

Honestly, this is like the last presidential election.

Strickland has screwed the pooch on virtually EVERYTHING he's touched with the exception of the CHL issue.

Kasich's politics are more in line with mine, except his former stance on 2A Issues (although he has said in the past his vote during the Clinton Administration was wrong, and he's "learned his lesson").

In the end, I'll probably hold my nose and vote for Kasich. Small Businesses in Ohio really cant take 4 more years of a tax and spend democrat Governor.

Kasich is a fiscal conservative. He believes in small government, lower taxes, and lower spending. He has my vote.

This is a virtue that carries weight with me but is offset by his vote for the assault weapons ban. I find that vote to be treasonous and think it should exclude him from being able to hold public office ever again. I would have hoped that the republicans could have run another conservative candidate without the baggage.

I have never voted for a democrat and hope to never have to so I am leaving that ballot empty when it comes time to vote because I think both candidates suck.

I have never voted for a democrat and hope to never have to...

If you really decide your vote based solely on party (or will abstain rather than vote for a member of the opposing party), then I think your priorities are a bit skewed. Personally, I'd vote for a candidate from the Baby-Eating Alien Party if his ideas or qualifications were better than the others.

If you really decide your vote based solely on party (or will abstain rather than vote for a member of the opposing party), then I think your priorities are a bit skewed. Personally, I'd vote for a candidate from the Baby-Eating Alien Party if his ideas or qualifications were better than the others.

You are absolutely correct but I have never seen a democrat with a good idea or a candidate worth voting for.

So you're saying that Strickland's generally gun-friendly positions aren't good?

It isn't that him being a gun supporter isn't good, it's that all of this makes him suck:

Voted NO on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime. (Feb 2004)

Voted NO on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes. (Apr 2001)

Voted NO on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance. (Sep 2004)

Voted NO on subjecting federal employees to random drug tests. (Sep 1998)

Voted YES on $84 million in grants for Black and Hispanic colleges. (Mar 2006) *just seems wrong to me, grants should go equally to all colleges*

Voted NO on reducing Marriage Tax by $399B over 10 years. (Mar 2001)

Voted NO on reforming the UN by restricting US funding. (Jun 2005)

Voted NO on withholding $244M in UN Back Payments until US seat restored. (May 2001)

Voted YES on $156M to IMF for 3rd-world debt reduction. (Jul 2000)

Voted YES on $15.2 billion for foreign operations. (Nov 1999)

Multi-year commitment to Africa for food & medicine. (Apr 2001)

Voted NO on implementing CAFTA, Central America Free Trade. (Jul 2005)

Voted NO on implementing US-Australia Free Trade Agreement. (Jul 2004)

Voted NO on implementing US-Singapore free trade agreement. (Jul 2003)

Voted NO on implementing free trade agreement with Chile. (Jul 2003)

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits about obesity against food providers. (Oct 2005)

Voted NO on limiting attorney's fees in class action lawsuits. (Feb 2005)

Voted NO on restricting frivolous lawsuits. (Sep 2004)

Voted NO on banning soft money donations to national political parties. (Jul 2001)

Voted NO on denying non-emergency treatment for lack of Medicare co-pay. (Feb 2006)

Voted NO on limiting medical malpractice lawsuits to $250,000 damages. (May 2004)

Voted NO on small business associations for buying health insurance. (Jun 2003)

Voted NO on capping damages & setting time limits in medical lawsuits. (Mar 2003)

Voted NO on allowing suing HMOs, but under federal rules & limited award. (Aug 2001)

Voted NO on establishing tax-exempt Medical Savings Accounts. (Oct 1999)

Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003)

Voted NO on reporting illegal aliens who receive hospital treatment. (May 2004)

Rated 8% by USBC, indicating an open-border stance. (Dec 2006)

Voted NO on end offshore tax havens and promote small business. (Oct 2004)

Voted NO on zero-funding OSHA's Ergonomics Rules instead of $4.5B. (Mar 2001)

Rated 100% by the AFL-CIO, indicating a pro-union voting record. (Dec 2003)

Voted NO on making the Bush tax cuts permanent. (Apr 2002)

Voted NO on $99 B economic stimulus: capital gains & income tax cuts. (Oct 2001)

Voted NO on Tax cut package of $958 B over 10 years. (May 2001)

Voted NO on eliminating the Estate Tax ("death tax"). (Apr 2001)

Voted NO on eliminating the "marriage penalty". (Jul 2000)

Rated 25% by NTU, indicating a "Big Spender" on tax votes. (Dec 2003)

Terminate funding for the superconducting super collider. (Feb 1993)

It isn't that him being a gun supporter isn't good, it's that all of this makes him suck:

Voted NO on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes. (Apr 2001)

Voted YES on $84 million in grants for Black and Hispanic colleges. (Mar 2006) *just seems wrong to me, grants should go equally to all colleges*

Voted NO on reducing Marriage Tax by $399B over 10 years. (Mar 2001)

Voted NO on reforming the UN by restricting US funding. (Jun 2005)

Voted NO on withholding $244M in UN Back Payments until US seat restored. (May 2001)

Voted YES on $156M to IMF for 3rd-world debt reduction. (Jul 2000)

Voted YES on $15.2 billion for foreign operations. (Nov 1999)

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits about obesity against food providers. (Oct 2005)

Voted NO on limiting attorney's fees in class action lawsuits. (Feb 2005)

Voted NO on restricting frivolous lawsuits. (Sep 2004)

Voted NO on banning soft money donations to national political parties. (Jul 2001)

Voted NO on denying non-emergency treatment for lack of Medicare co-pay. (Feb 2006)

Voted NO on limiting medical malpractice lawsuits to $250,000 damages. (May 2004)

Voted NO on small business associations for buying health insurance. (Jun 2003)

Voted NO on capping damages & setting time limits in medical lawsuits. (Mar 2003)

Voted NO on allowing suing HMOs, but under federal rules & limited award. (Aug 2001)

Voted NO on establishing tax-exempt Medical Savings Accounts. (Oct 1999)

Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003)

Voted NO on reporting illegal aliens who receive hospital treatment. (May 2004)

Rated 8% by USBC, indicating an open-border stance. (Dec 2006)

Voted NO on end offshore tax havens and promote small business. (Oct 2004)

Voted NO on zero-funding OSHA's Ergonomics Rules instead of $4.5B. (Mar 2001)

Voted NO on $99 B economic stimulus: capital gains & income tax cuts. (Oct 2001)

Voted NO on Tax cut package of $958 B over 10 years. (May 2001)

Voted NO on eliminating the "marriage penalty". (Jul 2000)

Terminate funding for the superconducting super collider. (Feb 1993)

Come on, he HAD to do something GOOD while he was in Washington, no?

The least you could do is list all the wonderful things he's done for us while he's been the Governor.....

I consider most of these to be relatively ok positions.

I don't support any legislative 'backdoor' attempts to turn fetuses into legal people.

The pledge of allegiance had 'under god' added to it under heavy lobbying by well-connected religious fundamentalists, including the knights of columbus.

I oppose drug testing in all but a few professions.

Ooooooooh, food and medicine to Africa-- we can afford it, compared to what we spend on other things.

These 'free trade' agreements always seem to end up screwing American workers and exploiting 3rd-world ones.

I support single-payer healthcare, so not having cash in hand shouldn't deny someone medical treatment.

Having seen what medical malpractice can do to people and their families, I think $250,000 could be a bit low. Doesn't mean reform isn't needed, but that's not the right move.

There have been plenty of bloated, poorly-run unions, but they still beat some of the alternatives.

I oppose cutting too many taxes right now, particularly for the rich. We have a lot to pay for (including two very expensive military operations).

There hasn't been a candidate in my (admittedly short) voting lifetime that I agreed with on more than 50-60% of issues, so I have to kind of weigh each issue and try to prioritize.

:p

Edited by Aerik

Come on, he HAD to do something GOOD while he was in Washington, no?

The least you could do is list all the wonderful things he's done for us while he's been the Governor.....

Troopergate was fun. And he definitely has our back with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RnZiqFcEzM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaAzJ8faSmM. Unemployment is awesome. Did I mention taxes? Retroactive taxes were cool too.

So you're saying that Strickland's generally gun-friendly positions aren't good?

No, I'm not saying that but it certainly doesn't align him with a democratic agenda and isn't enough for me to support him on just that one issue. I am glad he takes that stance and have benefited from it. Without going into the whole argument about how the gun laws should have never been in place to begin with. Giving us our gun rights back is admirable but shouldn't have been necessary to begin with.

I will have to say that he has not sucked as much as Taft but that wouldn't have been very hard to do. I think Taft's tax increases hurt small business more than Strickland’s. Neither has shown willingness to cut state spending with any benefit to the budget let alone reduce taxes to allow business to prosper.

I consider most of these to be relatively ok positions.

I don't support any legislative 'backdoor' attempts to turn fetuses into legal people. If you kill an unborn child because you killed the mother, that should be double homicide.

The pledge of allegiance had 'under god' added to it under heavy lobbying by well-connected religious fundamentalists, including the knights of columbus. And only a few well-connected athiest fundamentalists want it taken out.

I oppose drug testing in all but a few professions. Hippy. If you get a check from the government, you should be drug tested. I stand by this for government jobs, food stamps, unemployment, etc.

Ooooooooh, food and medicine to Africa-- we can afford it, compared to what we spend on other things. And people wonder why we can't take care of our own people, yet they're the same bleeding hearts wanting to send money overseas. Come on......

These 'free trade' agreements always seem to end up screwing American workers and exploiting 3rd-world ones. Yeah............ that's how it works......

I support single-payer healthcare, so not having cash in hand shouldn't deny someone medical treatment. If it isn't an emergency, then you can wait until you have a bit of cashola. Simple as that. If you can't afford a tv, you don't buy one.

Having seen what medical malpractice can do to people and their families, I think $250,000 could be a bit low. Doesn't mean reform isn't needed, but that's not the right move. He's voted no on every bill introduced which limited the amount people could sue, what they could sue for, caps on the fees lawyers could charge, etc. That's not trying to fix the problem. That's ignoring it.

There have been plenty of bloated, poorly-run unions, but they still beat some of the alternatives. Oh yeah, unions are great. Look how great Detroit is! Man, all those workers making $50/hr to work an assembly line really worked out great!

I oppose cutting too many taxes right now, particularly for the rich. We have a lot to pay for (including two very expensive military operations). CUT SPENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strickland is liberal in all the ways I hate, except for guns. There, he's been a friend to the 2nd amendment. But, I'm not a one-issue voter, and his stance on Obamacare alone is reason enough to vote against him. Kasich ain't the perfect answer either, but better on the issues that matter to me.

Kasich is a fiscal conservative. He believes in small government, lower taxes, and lower spending. He has my vote.

thats why i cant vote for him. every republican since nixon has said this and yet has grown the debt and government to unprecedented levels. you should run in fear if a republican says these populist pleasantries. how or why people still belive a word that comes out of a politicians mouth astounds me...

Edited by ped