WERA-Summit Point

SJC1000rr

Decided to head to Summit Point this weekend for some racing fun. Hot and Humid as hell, with a lot of rain on Saturday late. Though...after my MW solo! Downside was the HW solo expert Timmy Bemisderfer hit a deer going into the back side of the track... cutting it in two! :eek: He suffered a dislocated shoulder and finger, and some rib issues. They just released the video of it, and its honestly one of the scariest videos I've seen. Apparently there was blood all over the track and so on. Heres the video, but be warned that 1:35 is graphic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW7ktbJzpPs&feature=player_embedded

As for me, I had fun and did alright I suppose, but being the Provisional Novice new guy I started last in all of my races ....but made the best of it. I even fubared my C-Sbk race start in neutral. :nono: Man was I cussing a storm when everyone was hauling ass and I was sitting there. Not sure the official was too impressed when I dropped it in first and slammed the power on into a 1-2ft high wheelie to the start line. Even had my first contact when I was up a guys tail for the last two laps and he kept shutting the door on me. Took my chance on the last lap, last two turns. Caught a bit of a run coming out of turn 9 up the hill and down to turn 10 and paired up to him coming into the turn. We both hit the gas with me having a slight edge on the inside and out to the edge of the track we went with the power on. He tried to bring it in tight and my left tail and his right upper connected, but we both kept it upright and to the finish line with me in front. :boxing:

MW Solo: 19th to 9th

C-SS: 14th to 10th

C-SB: 12th to 6th

Edited by SJC1000rr

• 2 weeks later...

Summits (Main circuit) a great place to ride. Full of twists and turns that flow really well. I probably like it about as much as Mid Ohio now. It has a lot of place to get around and make passes without so much fear of hitting people. Though, I did do that in the last turn ;)

Edited by SJC1000rr

Gotta love YouTube comments. Such douchebags take the time to comment on that site.

Here's 1 winner:

mogul1265

- Not worth it. < has a bike. Being a soldier in iraq is safer, yeah im shook from a wreck i had last year. But like i said...not worth it. Stupid.

Another:

jettoomey

-

Can you please give us the status of that poor deer? It was probably just trying to drink from one of the lake-sized puddles of water on your ghetto ass race track. Real men race in traffic. Booooooooooooooooooooooo.

One of the best :nono::lol::

operationnorthwoodz

-Brake and steer towards where the deer WAS (crossing from the right), rather than target fixation and hit it head on.