so whos addicted??

Hoblick

to track days :D

i have only done 4 days at the track and im hooked.

its the most fun ive ever had on a bike, and if i wasnt into touring i wouldnt ride the street at all.

nothing compares to riding at the track.

the atmosphere, the speed, the feeling of dragging your knee in a turn, its just amazing..

and its alot safer than anything on the street, no cops, no traffic, nothing coming towards you, medical staff on hand.

and you learn so much from just the experience, the control riders, and other riders there.

so glad i got into track day riding.. :metal::metal::metal:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, just rub it in our faces you rich bastage! I wish I had a track bike, leathers, and money for four track days before the summer even starts

rich? aaaaaaahaha yeah right

used leathers, used helmet, looked for deals on boots, gloves, and back protector.

track bike i came across a good deal

and track days arent to expensive when they throw out those good deals..

but i planned since last year to do this, so i had been purchasing stuff as i went.

i had my track bike end of last summer, and gear came over winter.

its worth the money to me

im a track day baller on a budget lol

I started last year and it took me all of 7 trackdays to decide I wanted to start racing this year. Wait till you want to keep pushing to the next level! Might as well start doing something illegal to pay for everything now! :D

Exactly!!!! I started last yr, next thing you know, race fairings, gear, lots of tires, traveling, gas.. So much money invested, its only going to get worse..

lol but..ya i agree with hoblick, im so glad i started doing it last yr, nothing even comes close after youve been on the track.

I didnt have a track bike either, i turned my street bike into my track bike and havent looked back once, cant wait to get better and even faster

+1

i started last year, did like 2 track days in april (midohio) then went batshit crazy and signed up for like 6 more right afterwards.

i'm not as cool as some other guys and haven't progressed as quickly, so I'll keep doing track days til I feel more comfy going "fast" (whatever that is). maybe then i'll have the balls to go racing. doubtful.

my wife and I both started last yr, now just like all others.. race fairings, leathers trailer.. used truck... lol got lucky on good deals.... so much time and money... all well worth it... and we dont have dedicated track bikes... both our bikes are our street bikes too... eventually track bikes only but well were not baller enough for that.. we spend to much on the track days! buwahaha...!

I here you, after last weekend I'm hooked all ready planning next one at putnam Aug 14 and maybe 15 as well. I still have a smile on my face

I don't think I met you guys this past weekend, but some of us are signing up for putnam aug 30th. Its the Monday after moto gp : )

I would love to try and go to a track but one thing I'm not hearing from you guys is the one thing that has keep me from doing this..

Don't you go through tires like crazy? thats the expense that i was thinking of. tires are not cheap to be burning them up in one day..

I would love to try and go to a track but one thing I'm not hearing from you guys is the one thing that has keep me from doing this..

Don't you go through tires like crazy? thats the expense that i was thinking of. tires are not cheap to be burning them up in one day..

That's the one thing? Don't let that stop you. You probably won't have any measurable wear your first day on an SV650 on a street tire.

It depends on your riding style, pace and suspension. When I started a set of tires would last 3-4 full trackdays plus street. (PP/PP 2CT/DC3) The sides would wear out before the middles would, so trackday use was gone in them. Just sell them as used tires for commuting and they are easy to get rid of.

But as you get into the top, they will wear out faster. I pushed my last set of race tires to 21 sessions before the front started pushing out and the rear was wearing down. But tires are what keep you upright, so its not something to skimp on. 2 or maybe 3 sets should keep most guys through a season. But eventually it will be more and more. I got 4 sets and will need another 2 to make it through the season. :(

It depends on your riding style, pace and suspension. When I started a set of tires would last 3-4 full trackdays plus street. (PP/PP 2CT/DC3) The sides would wear out before the middles would, so trackday use was gone in them. Just sell them as used tires for commuting and they are easy to get rid of.

But as you get into the top, they will wear out faster. I pushed my last set of race tires to 21 sessions before the front started pushing out and the rear was wearing down. But tires are what keep you upright, so its not something to skimp on. 2 or maybe 3 sets should keep most guys through a season. But eventually it will be more and more. I got 4 sets and will need another 2 to make it through the season. :(

You're an advanced rider on soft tires, I'm going to flip the PP rear I used 9 days last year and use it some more later this season. Of course, the PPs I've used 4.5 days this year have about the same amount of wear on them, I guess I've gotten faster. I don't think she's going to regret the wear on her tires from her first track day. I wish I was a street rider to burn up all the meat left in the middle of these things.

well agreed, 2-3 sets is good for your average day rider :) thats about what i expect to go through

I did my first day this past Sunday and am hooked. Already signing up for mid Ohio in July and putnam with nesba in august. As far as cost its not really bad as a novice if u shop around. I bought used leathers, used harbor freight trailer that I puta new floor in and I pull it with a 95 Dakota (with a 318) I pretty much traded my car for. Unless your hardcore using super soft tires a set of pp 2ct may last u a season depending how many days u do. Your average trackday cost just a little bit more than your average speeding ticket but is 100 times more safe. I honestly have less than 1grand wrapped up in everything......but now I want race plastics and other things so the cost is gonna go up. Lol