2010 Dragon Raid.

BudDaytonRat

2010 Dragon Raid Sept 13th -19th, 2010.

The dates are posted on the calendar and this is what this event is about.

About the Event

Get ready for a week of great rides, entertainment and great food.

You DO NOT have to be here all week. However we will be there all week and would love to have your company. The main event nights are Friday and Saturday, so please be there for these nights.

The Raid will take place at The Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge. Their website is www.IronHorsenc.com Make your reservations with them. When you check in at Iron Horse you will receive your Shirt, Swag Bag, Maps, Door Prize Ticket, and Saturday Night Dinner Coupon. This years Raid will be bigger and better than before.

Monday-Friday - Ride the best roads this side of the Mississippi. Check-in will be at the office of Iron Horse. If you have not registered for this event, please click here for registration information.

Thursday - Will have lead rides or "Go Your Own Way". Thursday night will be the annual Night Dragon Run. This is a chance to go to "The Overlook", shut the bikes off and see more stars than most city slickers see. Ride on your own during the day or get together for a group ride.

Friday- Will continue to have lead rides or "Go Your Own Way". Friday night will start the party. The Group Photo will be at 7pm. KillBoy will be there to take photo's this year. The Kentucky RATS will supply the music and more "refreshments" again this year. Their "refreshments" are quite legendary.

Saturday - Morning will be more lead rides. On all the rides we will various rides tailored to style/type of riding each group would like. For instance, those that want an adventurous off the beaten path ride... See that black bear at the top right of this page? Tom Witt took that picture on Parson's Branch. He has graciously offered to lead a group on this route. There are roads for every type of riding in this area. Saturday night will be the Prime Rib dinner, Door Prizes, and Awards. More help will come from The Kentucky RATS tonight too!! This is the night that we give away a set pipes donated by Stainless Ride (formerly EPCO). ***Don't forget to wear your Kilt!!***

Sunday - Morning is the "Kilt Run". Let's see who is man enough to "Tame the Dragon" wearing your kilt!!

Iron Horse caters to motorcyclists. There is a Pavilion that is open 24/7 for us to eat, rest, watch movies, play pool, shoot darts, check email, and of course socialize. There is also a fire ring by the creek for us to sit around the fire and tell riding stories.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Contact:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email,

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rick Sine: 937-360-1730 ricksine@gmail.com

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chuck Bernitt: 937-760-3098 clbernitt@mac.com

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brian Himes: 513-571-3346 dbhimes@gmail.com

I posted some photos I took from last year's raid. We had a great time during this event.

Bud

Edited by BudDaytonRat

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to schedule a trip that week to Sevierville, TN and Dawsonville. GA for work. If so I'll throw the bike on a trailer behind the work van. I'll do my jobs on Wed and Thurs, so I can take Fri and Sat off to ride.