Highside JS Image Resizing

chevysoldier

I've noticed Highslide is being used to resize images posted on OR. I use Chrome and the images are not expanding when I click on them. I only get a small black box and the slideshow control. I went to their website and they say it is compatible with Chrome. Any ideas?

Edited by chevysoldier

I've noticed Highside is being used to resize images posted on OR. I use Chrome and the images are not expanding when I click on them. I only get a small black box and the slideshow control. I went to their website and they say it is compatible with Chrome. Any ideas?

I have chrome too. I can see the pictures fine, and they expand ok for me as well. :dunno:

Now for the simplified version:

Chromium:

- the open-source project on which Google Chrome is based;

- bleeding-edge features;

- several binary builds for Windows, Linux and Mac made available each day, sometimes 20 or more;

- not considered stable, don’t blame the developers if it crashes your computer or eats your cat;

Google Chrome dev:

- based on very recent Chromium builds;

- new versions every week or so;

- relatively stable, more like what other companies would consider ‘beta,’ but not stable enough for production use;

- the latest and greatest features and updates;

Google Chrome beta:

- based on stable developers channel releases;

- new versions every month or so;

- new features and bigger changes, known to work in the majority of cases;

- stable enough for everyday use, crashes are few and far between;

Google Chrome stable:

- based on tried-and-trusted beta versions;

- all known bugs ironed out, all new features tested for months before release;

- new versions every few months;

- as stable as Google Chrome gets, usable in any environment;

I'd report that to the beta team. Sounds like a bug. I tested it on Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc with no problems. I'll have to check with the beta, but I'm assuming it won't work. Probably a bug in the way it's rendering the javascript. As for pages loading slow, I haven't noticed that. And my benchmarking program isn't noticing anything either. Any specific examples?

I'd report that to the beta team. Sounds like a bug. I tested it on Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc with no problems. I'll have to check with the beta, but I'm assuming it won't work. Probably a bug in the way it's rendering the javascript. As for pages loading slow, I haven't noticed that. And my benchmarking program isn't noticing anything either. Any specific examples?

I'll report it to them.

I can't think of any specific examples, just seems like the load time is slightly longer. They originally load is the full size picture then they are resized down. It seems to be more noticeable on pages with more pictures. Are they supposed to load already resized?

I'll report it to them.

I can't think of any specific examples, just seems like the load time is slightly longer. They originally load is the full size picture then they are resized down. It seems to be more noticeable on pages with more pictures. Are they supposed to load already resized?

That's something I'm working on fixing, with them preloading.