Motorcyclist killed by flying mattress

ReconRat

Motorcyclist killed by flying mattress

PRAIRIESBURG, Iowa —

The Linn County Sheriff's office is investigating a fatal accident in which a motorcyclist was struck by a mattress that flew out of the back of a pickup truck...

Edited by ReconRat

When I'm in car or bike I get so irritated by people hauling unsecured loads. Then you also got those people with a pile in their truck bed higher than the cab!

Made it 73 years and goes out death by mattress!? What a big f-you by the reaper. :nono:

I had a ladder fly out of a truck right in front of me. luckily i saw it start to slide and i got into the other lane and just as i did the ladder came flying out. would have been super scary had i not been paying attention.

Oh and to make it through 73 years of riding bikes and he ended up getting killed by a mattress? ain't that some shit/a bitch

Never ride behind a loaded pickup. You can't trust that they have the load secured well (if at all).

Also, stay well clear of loaded flatbed semis. When I was driving over the road, I can't tell you how many things I saw fly off the back of them. All it takes is one tired guy tightening the chains to end up with a 40,000-pound steel coil landing in your lap.

:dunno: thats kinda weird man... who tries to make ice on the highway?

IDK, I'm more worried about my buddy kicking them making one go flying through the air and hit me riding behind them. :lol:

It's a jungle out there!

Edited by NinjaNick