PNC Banking?

ironbuttwannabe

Anyone else bank with PNC and getting annoyed? We were already approved for a loan last year, when they were doing the merger with National City. Now we changed are plans and are not needing near as big a loan. It is taking them over 3 months, which was only supposed to take 2 weeks. Since then interest rate has gone up. That's exactly what I told my dad they were waiting on. I'm about ready to pull my money and go somewhere else.

Anyone else bank with PNC and getting annoyed? We were already approved for a loan last year, when they were doing the merger with National City. Now we changed are plans and are not needing near as big a loan. It is taking them over 3 months, which was only supposed to take 2 weeks. Since then interest rate has gone up. That's exactly what I told my dad they were waiting on. I'm about ready to pull my money and go somewhere else.

The interest rate could have gone up since you aren't borrowing as much money. However, since interest rates have gone down in the last 3 months, I would think that offset the hike that you took by reducing the principal amount.

Personally, I've absolutely had it with big banks. I don't want to get nickel and dimed by Huntington or whoever just to have their name splashed all over the new baseball stadium in Columbus, but when i get fees added that weren't there before like a savings ATM withdrawal or excessive transactions on a checking account, I'm the asshole.

There are plenty of other banks out there that have competed quite well for my business, and I will be happy to patronize them instead.

I left PNC a long time ago, my laundry list of bad customer service is too much to peck out....have very little good to say about their banks, other than the air conditioning seems to work nice in most locations. That's about it.

I had no problem with National City. Our last loan two years ago took 2 weeks to get an answer. Now this one we have nearly a quarter of the amount we need. Called today and now they want to see pictures of where the building is going to be built. They could have asked that a year ago if they really wanted an answer :violin:

so far so good in the NC to PNC transfer but I have everything ready to go when they fuck up for the first time. I've used 3 different banks in the last 10 years and have been able to avoid any major issues. I feel like with PNC my luck is about to run out though

so far so good in the NC to PNC transfer but I have everything ready to go when they fuck up for the first time. I've used 3 different banks in the last 10 years and have been able to avoid any major issues. I feel like with PNC my luck is about to run out though

I know what that feels like. I went from Huntington to Kemba Credit Union for about a month and a half until I saw that my auto loan (also with Kemba) was a few days late, even though I had an automatic transfer set up. Upon calling, apparently for automatic transfers that I set up online there is a manual entry process that someone from Kemba has to do as well and they screwed it up. Any bank that can't adequately pay THEMSELVES I left in a hurry. Changed all my stuff to USAA (even though I'm not current or ex-military, they took me) and I've been more than happy.

• 3 weeks later...

I lost my PNC check card, they charged me $7.50 to replace it. I was sad, and told my dad "national city didn't charge me to replace it back when I lost it the first time".. his response? "well they aren't in business anymore"

/cool story

i haven't had any problems with PNC, but I haven't done much actual "banking" since National City folded...

I deposited $113.50 in change not too long ago, and they didn't groan or bitch when I did it, so that was nice... No line either.

• 3 weeks later...
Finally, got it pretty much finalized. Should have the money in a month, they need a final appraisal

I thought that it was pretty much done. But they keep coming back with things to check. "Another two weeks.......Another two weeks" Their two weeks were up 2 months ago. Keep getting calls from Cleveland and we are dealing with a guy locally. If I don't have the loan in one week I'm pulling all my money from PNC and moving it to a different bank and telling them they just lost 3 loyal customers that actually pay off loans. Seriously, how long does to take when we have 30% of the cost in cash. And well over enough land to cover the rest of the loan? I'm done with PNC if they can't come through in a week!

in the lake county area, dollar bank is boss, especially for business banking.

i also use PNC for my personal stuff... the only reason i haven't switched to Dollar bank completely is cause i had like 800 sesame street checks that i had gotten for $20 that i just couldn't bear not using. i like watching the faces of people when i hand them a check for large sums of money with cookie monster staring them in the face. then i'm all like, "thas right bish, that just happened"

in the lake county area, dollar bank is boss, especially for business banking.

i also use PNC for my personal stuff... the only reason i haven't switched to Dollar bank completely is cause i had like 800 sesame street checks that i had gotten for $20 that i just couldn't bear not using. i like watching the faces of people when i hand them a check for large sums of money with cookie monster staring them in the face. then i'm all like, "thas right bish, that just happened"

I like Sesame Street. Please send me some blank signed copies for fun!