Dragging......ELBOW...

flounder

I can do that.

RIIIIIIIIIIGHT....

Hopper's cool and I was just bashing him like I like to do to his sister Flounder, but seriously, he's getting better, but he ain't where he needs to be as far as bikes are concerned. He made a sideways move for more money.

I'd like to see him on a Duc or a Honda and showcase his real ability...

But, money makes the world go round and therefore a big factor in swaying one's thoughts.

Flounder, where did you find the pics?

I need to freaking hang off my bike more!!! I have shit tons of lean, not enough hang. Lots of stuff to work on next year. I wish I knew some people who were fast or something so they could help me out! :D

I know a doctor that may be able to help you with your height problem. :D

Ive told you about your problem of not getting off the bike... Just look at your avatar and tilt your head to the angle of the bike.. you can damn near draw a line down through the middle of your body/bike.

Remember, guys... There's no one perfect way to hang off or riding style. Sure, the basics like getting your ass off, typical body positioning, etc.

However, just because some guys drag an elbow, doesn't make them faster than a guy who doesn't.

Mladin is as fast as Spies, right? Maybe not all the time, but the win record he has makes it a valid argument. Spies is fast too. Spies is an elbow out and down kinda guy - Mladin isn't.

You can take the top 5 guys in MotoGP and figure they are probably the fastest guys currently to ride these types of machines. Vale's style is different than Stoner's who's is different than Danny's, etc., etc., etc.

Ride to where it is comfortable for you. Once there, work forward and quit trying to copy someone simply because it looks cool or seems to look the way it should.

Get the style that is suited to you. If you need more work - ass off more, elbows more in a relaxed position, knees out more, etc. - those are small tidbits you can work on or an instructor can catch and help you with.

It's like religion - you cannot force it upon someone else. You do what you think is right and then we can expand from there. Some don't ever get it so, don't be pissed if you suck and there's no help. Some people just plain can't get it and won't. Life.

Carry on...

Yeah I think for newer track riders the lean angles come from slow turn in, early turn in, line choice, things like that.

Yeah BP is kind of a strange Phenom. When you look at the top riders they are all on the extreme of the spectrum (Style like Spies/Hopkins then you have AMA factory riders like Larry Pegram in his prime was probably the worst looking BP I have seen of a top rider).

If one is comfortable at a certain BP stick with it.

• 2 weeks later...

brian, i may be interested in that new shift suit, haven't heard from monte on the stt suits and i'm gettin ancy.

also my body position will change this year, i'm learning that the elbow draggin style makes be slow in the fast transitions, i started workin on it at the end of the year. gotta move the bike more in the transitions, and hang off more in the long high speed corners and on the exits onto straightaways. keyhole is a great example. stay on the bike through the chicane and into the keyhole, then progressively increase body hang as you reach the limit of lean, allows more corner speed at max angle, as well as standing the bike up to get the power down on your drive out.