where to get custom exhaust/mandrel bending in columbus?

John

ok here is my goal: my exhaust is currently at a level like this on my bike:

7wa2uwy.jpg

what i want to end up with is this

71x3ho0.jpg

i need whats in red in that pic... how much would a shop charge to bend something like that? where can i get it done? or should i go to jegs and try to rig something up?

hmm. well here's the pickle. im going to cut off the majority of the subframe and put a new tail on. the rear pegs are gonna go, and thats where the exhaust is bolted to. so i need to raise it up so i can bolt it somewhere else.

i thought about putting a gp style exhaust on it, but i dont want it to be loud as fuck...

i didnt really think about putting a bend in it. you think this would be a better option?

6z7lczo.jpg

lol the only thing that will help this bike in terms of power is to bore it out. stock they are already running on the brink and tapped for power. you may squeeze an extra 5 out of it with some bolt ons but its really not worth the cost. ive heard of them being bored up out to 658cc but that really makes it a grenade... the 658 had less than 1/8" of material between the cylinder wall and the water passage lol.

You are right about the power - I was refering to the fact that robbing power from a bike like that hurts a BUNCH. That big of a mid-pipe (Length needed for that bend) is going to rob the mid range a TON and effect top end.

I like the last shot with the angle up - not as severe, obviously. Have the cannister sut shorter, as well. Shorty cans are fine and do not rob HP as long as you have them packed well. I run a shorty Arrow and Ti-Force can. No loss of HP...

Maybe something like this?

That looks good Lizard . John I know you are at OSU so if you need some help I have about every tool you would need to make that happen. I'll volunteer my services to help out. I have the cutoff saw and riviter to do the exhaust can I also have a shitty welder and bender if you need to make a hanger.

actually i was thinking of cutting my can as a possibility and making a bracket to hook it to the rearset. that would actually probably be the easiest.

and shitty, i may take you up on that actually. i have a cutter too, but not the riveter :)

I'd cut it off on the outlet end so the Muzzy badge is more towards the end instead of where I have it placed. If you are going to mount off teh rear sets, that is... Band clamp won't cover it that way...

Remember, style points. Doing something right means it has to look good, too!