92 VFR750F upgrade build

fazer1sniper

I got started on this bike my last weekend off. It is my wife's beloved 1993 VFR750F Interceptor. I had previously installed a 2000 R6 race tail and am adding an inverted set of forks from a Suzuki TL1000r I found in a bone yard.

Got the front forks installed, with bearings, brakes bled and working, it's back to a roller.

tailfab.jpg

Next plan before paint is to clean up and seal up the tail.

tailfab1.jpg

This is in mock up before drilled to mount solid ansd before any hardware. I like how its comming together..

tailfab2.jpg

tailfab3.jpg

tailfab6.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the tail all bolted together and trimmed up the diamond plate. Tore it all down and started paint prep. Only got the tail in prime before I quit. The heat today was killer. Back to the 12 hour shifts tomorrow till Friday, then back to the VFR.

u7-51.jpg

u7-52.jpg

Exhaust work finished up today. All buttoned up and pipe back on, now in header wrap.

7-101.jpg

7-102.jpg

7-103.jpg

Several Body panels in stages of paint.

7-10.jpg

3 More parts, still need to repair. SLower than I wanted it to move faster, but paint, bondo, filler & glaze only dries so fast...

7-106.jpg

7-108.jpg

Really, REALLY sharp dude!! Like I said before.... Never know that was an 18 year old bike! Tail looks good, like the highmount with the header tape, the new front end with the red calipers to tie in, & love the color scheme with the Woody decals.... Kind of a twist on the traditional viffer theme, & the white rims to compliment thumb.gif

I like your style/work/vision! clap.gif

Your daughter's bike next? Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Thanx for taking the time to post all the pix so we can see your projects.... I enjoy seein' what you're up to

Edited by Fonzie

.... Kind of a twist on the traditional viffer theme

Your daughter's bike next?

Thanks. I chose the 2 blues & red w gold pin and old school Honda Gold Wings to be like an old RC30... with some moderen style.

[imgALT=http://www.bikevis.com/images/junk/garage/2.jpg][/imgALT]

Yep, the old Radian is an up and comming job. Not as DRAMATIC mods planed, but I may get the bug once I dive in.

Got it sanded and polished today...

7-23-100.jpg

7-23-101.jpg

Morrors out of paint and mounted...

7-23-104.jpg

Kristin's (had to have) tank protector...

7-23-107.jpg

WHY I NEED A FENDER...

7-23-103.jpg

One again hope full of the fender showing up with the mail tomorrow.

Now I am questioning if the seat should stay black.... I allways hated colored or white covered seats, But this bike has me thinking.

7-23-105.jpg