92 VFR750F upgrade build

fazer1sniper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gap is filled with a tool bag, the bike's only storage. it's also where the tail bolts down to the subframe. If I change the seat color i will have to build a new one. If I recover the seat I may build something more rigid. What ever goes there has to come out when the seat is attached or removed, It needs to slide forward and lock into place, the race tail need to be a few inches back to make this happin. The space will have a bag/ or storage box covered in the same surface as the seat.

I'm gonna make this one work for now. When I get the new one I will prep and paint it. The better of the two well end up on the VFR. The other will go on the shelf for what ever project bike it will look cool on.

Gotcha

How's the neighbor kid likin' his new ride??

Well... kind of as long story, but in short, his reluctance to Kreem the tank to get rid of dirt n rust due to cost bit him in tail. Even with 2 fuel filters he dirtied up the carbs and had a float sticking. To top it off his "buddy" picked him and the bike up in a pick up. No straps of rope, SO they set it n its side.:wtf: Fuel leaked out of tank, + month old paint and clear+ 2 dumb kids=fuel stains on the tank. They wont buff out.:cry: It will be back in the shop here shortly, but I wont paint tank again till he lets me clean it or we replace it entirely. I will help him with the carbs for now to keep him going. I will keep you updated

Well... kind of as long story, but in short, his reluctance to Kreem the tank to get rid of dirt n rust due to cost bit him in tail. Even with 2 fuel filters he dirtied up the carbs and had a float sticking. To top it off his "buddy" picked him and the bike up in a pick up. No straps of rope, SO they set it n its side.:wtf: Fuel leaked out of tank, + month old paint and clear+ 2 dumb kids=fuel stains on the tank. They wont buff out.:cry: It will be back in the shop here shortly, but I wont paint tank again till he lets me clean it or we replace it entirely. I will help him with the carbs for now to keep him going. I will keep you updated

Ya know, some years experience are valuable! He shoulda listened to you, but some have to learn for themselves!

Ya know, some years experience are valuable! He shoulda listened to you, but some have to learn for themselves!

That kid needs to wise up about taking care of the machine that has the propensity to put him on his ass.

WOW :wtf: All that in like 4-6 weeks?!

You're a lot more forgiving of him than I'd be

As what normally happens, the fender came is as I was finishing the cracked up one! I will finish it up and swap them out but intill then will run the imperfect one.

7-30-104.jpg

7-30-104.jpg

So basicly, here she is in the new paint, Suzuki front end, built bars & sliders, new seat cover & storage box behind it & CBR mirrors.

7-30-1012.jpg

7-26-100.jpg

7-26-101.jpg

7-30-10.jpg

7-30-109.jpg

7-30-108.jpg

7-30-105.jpg

Rides nice, suspention set up is a little soft for me, but Kris has to figure out how she wants it. Stopping power is just awesome & it feels like it's turning better. I will let the misses tell me after she put's some miles on it.

I had a blast on this build. It's a bigger deal to me then most bikes because it's for my wife. She LOVES this bike. I have been a V4 fan since my 82 magna V45 and Im glad she found a home on this bike. I'm glad she let me go with the red-white-blue and old school gold honda wing. She had had it out and we are tuning the suspention in for her as we go. I got work tuesday nite then a week vacation. We will be at the Bufalo Hollow bike rally thursday with our bikes and a beat up, borrowed Winnebago.

http://www.buffalohollow.net/buffalohollowblitz2010.php

It's fun to be the Metric/Sport bike people at a harley dominated event.

Looks like the Mrs. is givin' it the stamp of approval! :D

Bike looks sick dude.... Absolutely LOVE it... Much props!!

Can't wait to see the daughter's bike next ;)