2008 R6 Performance Parts

Decimation

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my 10 year old niece in visiting for a week. Miley Cyrus kinda grows on you and she's on 24/7 on the Disney channel....

Back to your flaming motorcycle tech talk thingie...

the only thing she grows on me is my penis :eek:

Yeah cause we don't want our forums to turn into GDC or one of those other conglomerate sites. If people want to ask dumb questions they should go to those huge forums with all the squids. Otherwise, there's a search button, thanks.

u mad

Did you even try searching "performance" or "upgrades" or "tires" before you posted this? I would have much more respect if you come on here, do a search, then ask questions that haven't been answered previously.

Also, try www.R6-forum.com , as there is about 50000 members there who have done the flushies and LEDs and discuss other bullshit on a daily basis.

They didn't make an R6 in 1984. GAWD!! :lol:

I wish I could be of more assistance' date=' but I've never ridden a late model r6. I'd have nothing to base any input off of. Maybe find someone that owns one like yours and have them spin the wheels for a bit?[/quote']

Heh, glad someone got my sarcasm. It really doesn't need much mechanically, if anything. Most of my money is going to go into aesthetic things, but I've been getting kind of tired of just "drawing" on it. You get people who like to say stupid shit like "hurr durr 5hp per sticker".

Edited by Decimation
grammar whore

oh and btw.. nate dog is right.. to an extent.. the MAIN reason for the Exup system we actually to help with emissions, and the power gains/losses are negligable by the amount of back pressure it produces at lower RPMs and it is supposed to smooth out the powerband, and he is correct that all slip ons created for the R-6 from 08 require you to remove the cables on the exup. NOT unhook it that will throw an FI light so the server will run but not do anything, also.. as the bike breaks in the exhaust note will change a bit... and as far as parts.. if you are really serious about things to do to your R6 PM me... i know about all you could knows about that bike.. except tearing the motor down

honestly dude.. just use the search button people dont take kindly to re awnsering questions that have been answered 6billion times before... and get some thick skin... everyone on here is a sarcastic shit... so ya.

Actually, I got some pretty good answers. People must take kindly to people not reading threads all the way through here, because clearly that's what you did :)

There must be some sort of inside joke about this "thick skin" thing, because you're the 90th person to mention that when I say something in retaliation to smart-asses.

i read the entire thread thank you.. and yes you did get some good awnsers and there is more you can do. and i was going to help you.. but if you want to insult people just because your interwebz panties got all twisted then piss off... say your sorry and move on

i read the entire thread thank you.. and yes you did get some good awnsers and there is more you can do. and i was going to help you.. but if you want to insult people just because your interwebz panties got all twisted then piss off... say your sorry and move on

Trust me, my shit didn't get twisted. My typical reaction to replies that seem cynical are to laugh and say something insulting. That's what I do, I fight fire with fire. I'm a man's man.

Took me 2 fucking minutes on Google...

I really wanted to avoid this whole conversation so I will try to be as succinct

as possible.

Yamaha says that it is there to create "backpressure." Which, they say will help mid range power. After the dyno runs that I did with and with out it, I found differently. I do not want to get into an argument about it so I will say this, MY bike get more power(even in the mid range) with out the exup. There is a reason why ALL race teams do not utilize this stupid mechanisim. Further, there is a reason why no after market off road exhaust uses it either. The reason is becuase all of the testing and research they do have found that it inhibits the power across the board.

To answer your question about why they put it there. I can't say for sure. Maybe to adhere to emission restrictions and noise ordinances. It has to be something to do with adhering to some law or ordinence or something. But, again, I do not know for sure. I do know that they put a real good spin on it.

I do not want to get into a big conversation about exhaust theory and backpressure. But I will say that it only "seems" to help down low. At least this is what I have found on my bike and dyno runs.

no your right i dont say one thing and mean other i say what i mean and do what i say i dont try and act all big an bad just to make myself feel better.

there are a lot of people with a wealth of knowledge.

and generally easy to get along with

enjoy your time here.. how ever long or limited it is.. thanks and good day..

Real gains will only be had by a real exhaust. You want power? Build yourself a race airbox (preferably out of pre-preg autoclaved carbon fiber for weight), purchase a full exhaust in some exotic metal (titanium, unobtanium, etc), purchase a Bazzaz tuning suite if it's available, and pay for a shit-ton of dyno time and someone who knows what the hell they are doing to tune it. It's a 600cc motor that revs to 16,500. It literally can't spin any higher to make power. The only thing you can do is make it get air into and out of the cylinders as efficiently as possible. Even then, I'm guessing 10-12 horsepower more at the wheel for like $3,500.

You're better off spending that money on a 520 chain, gearing down, and purchasing a set of Marchesini forged aluminum wheels. If you don't understand why I just listed those items. GTFO.

Edited by RSVDon

oh and btw.. nate dog is right.. to an extent.. the MAIN reason for the Exup system we actually to help with emissions, and the power gains/losses are negligable by the amount of back pressure it produces at lower RPMs and it is supposed to smooth out the powerband, and he is correct that all slip ons created for the R-6 from 08 require you to remove the cables on the exup. NOT unhook it that will throw an FI light so the server will run but not do anything, also.. as the bike breaks in the exhaust note will change a bit... and as far as parts.. if you are really serious about things to do to your R6 PM me... i know about all you could knows about that bike.. except tearing the motor down

finally someone who understands.