Mmmmmmm...sexylike. *warning...vroom vroom noises inside*

RSVDon

bet that upsets pete a little... haha

That's an LS2 car so the numbers will be a little bigger. But even for an LS2 those numbers are freakish. Pete's gonna be pissed when I leave him in the dust next month. Expect him to be shopping for nitrous kits soon. :lol:

That's an LS2 car so the numbers will be a little bigger. But even for an LS2 those numbers are freakish. Pete's gonna be pissed when I leave him in the dust next month. Expect him to be shopping for nitrous kits soon. :lol:

whens this going down id love to bring my bike.. and run it.. seems like it would be a good time!!

Mehhhh.... Nice lookin' car, but I've never been a fan of the new GTO. Always reminds me of a cross between a Pontiac Sunfire & Dodge Avenger/Stealth

It's a sharp lookin' car.... I like his mods.... But I've never considered those new bodystyles to be true GTO's. Just like I don't consider the new Chargers to be true. They didn't show the lineage & honor the old body lines, like say the new Mustangs, Camaros, Bugs, T-birds, Challengers, etc. All of these cars show the natural progression & pay homage to the original nameplate.

If you'd been in a coma for the last 20-30 years... You could still look at one of them today, & know exactly what it was.

This GTO, or that 4 door Charger.... No way

Edited by Fonzie

Mehhhh.... Nice lookin' car, but I've never been a fan of the new GTO. Always reminds me of a cross between a Pontiac Sunfire & Dodge Avenger/Stealth

It's a sharp lookin' car.... I like his mods.... But I've never considered those new bodystyles to be true GTO's. Just like I don't consider the new Chargers to be true. They didn't show the lineage & honor the old body lines, like say the new Mustangs, Camaros, Bugs, T-birds, Challengers, etc. All of these cars show the natural progression & pay homage to the original nameplate.

If you'd been in a coma for the last 20-30 years... You could still look at one of them today, & know exactly what it was.

This GTO, or that 4 door Charger.... No way

That's why it should've been called the Pontiac Monaro to begin with! And also why I don't get into the whole GTO heritage shit with most of the other owners. It's not a GTO in the same way that the old GTO is a GTO, but it is one damn nice car and it does many things well. The "GTO" image plagues this car. Anybody who can look past the lineage it's trying to represent and give it a chance by driving it will realize just what a good car it is. I shunned it from the day it came out until March of 2007 when a late friend of the family took me for a ride in his brand new 06. It did things I didn't think a 4000 lb car could do. From then on I never looked back.

That being said, it's not for everyone. We all have likes and dislikes. I just happen to think that if it wasn't trying to imitate a legend, the general public may have given it more of a chance.

Edited by RSVDon

That's why it should've been called the Pontiac Monaro to begin with! And also why I don't get into the whole GTO heritage shit with most of the other owners. It's not a GTO in the same way that the old GTO is a GTO, but it is one damn nice car and it does many things well. The "GTO" image plagues this car. Anybody who can look past the lineage it's trying to represent and give it a chance by driving it will realize just what a good car it is. I shunned it from the day it came out until March of 2007 when a late friend of the family took me for a ride in his brand new 06. It did things I didn't think a 4000 lb car could do. From then on I never looked back.

That being said, it's not for everyone. We all have likes and dislikes. I just happen to think that if it wasn't trying to imitate a legend, the general public may have given it more of a chance.

Couldn't agree more. It sounds phenomenal, & I remember readin' right before it was released how much time & R&D they'd put into that exhaust note. Sharp car.... I just wish they would've called it something else, or made it look more like an updated goat

:dunno: Call me a purist I guess ;)

That thing seriously weighs 4,000lbs?? :wtf: