Opening - OSU Support Desk Manager

JonS

The IT Support Desk position will post to the OSU Career Site (https://jobsatosu.com) this Saturday. The job requisition number is 351947. If you know of anyone interested in this opportunity, they will need to apply through the OSU Career Site and search using the requisition number or by listing all Information Technology jobs.

Below is a summary of the job description:

Detailed Job Description:

Manages the Association's IT Support Services by: managing and maintaining IT Support Desk; Interacting with Association staff and external constituent groups/customers to gather and document data and requirements; creating and maintaining open dialogue between IT and it's constituent groups/customers; developing/maintaining documentation on processes; managing and prioritizing the information and work flow related to IT support requests to ensure appropriate response and follow-up; and developing and providing individual/group instruction on the use of internal workstations, networks, and computer applications.

Acts as a backup/co-administrator to Systems and Network Engineer assisting with maintenance and support of Association systems and services.

Operates at the position level with a high degree of independence, decision making capabilities, judgement, consistency, discretion and fiscal responsibility; at the department level, operates with a moderate degree of capability in these areas.

In accordance with the Disaster Preparedness and University State of emergency Policy 6.17 this position has been designated as a standby position.

Experience:

REQUIRED: Customer Service Experience; flexibility (inc. evening & evening work); Goal setting & evaluation; Help/support Desk Experience; Judgement skills; Windows Operating Systems/other Windows Software; Microsoft Office 2007+'

DESIRED: ITIL standards experience; Database theory & fundamentals; Supervisory experience; experience managing a support desk to include customer service; Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008; Experience with Microsoft Services including: Exchange 2007, Sharepoint 2007, Active Directory, and SQL Server; Experience with Cisco Networking Equipment

If I was in C-bus, I'd bid big time. Done all that for a few years where I am, but someone else held the supervisor title and took the money home.

ONE WORD.....TELECOMMUTE, YOU DORK!!!

Everything is subject to negotiation, just work it out to be onsite 2 days one week and 3 days the following and alternate those weeks. Then telecommute the other days. :D

....but someone else held the supervisor title and took the money home.

*Ding Ding Ding* That's pretty much what happens here. I have come up with ideas, and moved the Help Desk from a work study student to a full time, 3 person department and do they thank me, nope. Instead, they have a guy over me that has no clue what he is doing, and when it fails, I get the blame not him. Funny how that works. He gets the money, I get the complaints and crap pay...

Edited by |SnOmAn|

How long does it normally take to get a call back or reject letter?

I have already applied for several IT positions, but haven't heard much. Other than they have been referred.

update:

I just received a call for an interview no more then 10 minutes after I posted this.

Someone here pull some strings?

Edited by Cdubyah

How long does it normally take to get a call back or reject letter?

I have already applied for several IT positions, but haven't heard much. Other than they have been referred.

update:

I just received a call for an interview no more then 10 minutes after I posted this.

Someone here pull some strings?

Let me know who the interview is with. I might still know a few people in that department with whom I could put in a good word.

• 4 weeks later...