Looking at dual sports, need some input

YSR_Racer_99

My 06' KLR would disagree.:rolleyes: With the pre 08' klr it's all a matter of how you set the bike up and the size/skill of the rider. Someone coming off dirt bikes will find the klr power unimpressive. But if you know how to use the tractor like power and momentum the KLR can do things smaller dirt bikes can not. Plus it is a competent on road bike able to be riden 100+ miles trips far more comfortably than a DRZ. It all depends on the type of rider and type of riding you intend to do the most.;)

Klr is a road bike with very limited off road ability, the dr650 is a decent bike.but old and outdated. Drz makes more HP than the DS has a far better suspension, and is way lighter. Lots if aftermarket.

My 06' KLR would disagree.:rolleyes: With the pre 08' klr it's all a matter of how you set the bike up and the size/skill of the rider. Someone coming off dirt bikes will find the klr power unimpressive. But if you know how to use the tractor like power and momentum the KLR can do things smaller dirt bikes can not. Plus it is a competent on road bike able to be riden 100+ miles trips far more comfortably than a DRZ. It all depends on the type of rider and type of riding you intend to do the most.;)

Techincally speaking, I have a kid that could ride a GSXR600 better than most MX riders on dirt. So, does that make the GSXR600 a good choice?;)

Techincally speaking, I have a kid that could ride a GSXR600 better than most MX riders on dirt. So, does that make the GSXR600 a good choice?;)
is he planning to street race on the way to the track?:D

• 2 weeks later...

Dual sport-the Suzuki DR650se is the way to go. It has plenty of power, excellent on the street and good off road. If you are going to ride really rough trails, get a smaller lighter bike. Normal trails and off road it is great. My son and I both own a Dr650se, we ride them on the highway and we like to ride a lot of back roads.

• 1 month later...