Uses for old helmets? Also, GREAT display case

YSR_Racer_99

My wife says I've got a problem with helmets and coats. Whatever. She's got a problem with shoes and purses...

I've got a couple of older Shoei's that are in fine condition, but don't get used (actually, one's been gutted). I could swear that I saw wall sconces made from motorcycle helmets at some point. Memory says that the lids were cut in half, and affixed to some type of lighiting fixture. I've scoured the web for something similar (incl. football helmets), but haven't found anything "inspiring". The plan was to use them on the wall for "my" room in the basement, but "my room" has turned into "our room", thus I lost my motivation and haven't finished it out yet.

Any ideas? They're nice helmets, and one is the yellow Russell with feathers, so I'd hate to throw them out (I'd try to sell the Russell. The other is a more generic X8, but still solid).

Also, if you're a helmet collector and don't have one of these yet, check it out. Sizing is PERFECT for helmets. I installed a light in the top for a couple of bucks.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055

I'm just going to use my old helmets for decor on my garage wall.................................................since that's the only fucking place my girl will let me have them!

And I thought my pimp hand was weak sometimes :nono: