Drunken driver with suspended license not guilty in fatal cycle accident

Disclaimer

So those of us that ride sport bikes aren't experienced bikers?

What I said was "I was being sarcastic. Maybe it's south west Ohio, but every experienced biker I know rides a cruiser." I know one guy who rides a sport bike, and he's got like 250 miles under his belt, which includes the MSF course.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just dont judge all sport bikers by your limited interaction with them. I know many sport bike riders in there 60's that have been riding since they were kids.

Is it just cruiser riders who are to be judged? :bitchfight:

Seriously, I'm not judging anyone. From what I've gathered, this board has tons of experienced sport bike riders. I just think it's weird that everyone around me rides a cruiser (like that when I grew up in NH, too), but you'd guess from this board that cruisers are just drunk newbies. That mentality is a little odd to me.

Maybe this is just a lesson that we all need to expand our horizons a little bit. I ride a 2008 model sport bike and I have almost 18,000 miles on my bike. I know of others on this board that ride even more than I do. So lets all be friends now

Is it just cruiser riders who are to be judged? :bitchfight:

Seriously, I'm not judging anyone. From what I've gathered, this board has tons of experienced sport bike riders. I just think it's weird that everyone around me rides a cruiser (like that when I grew up in NH, too), but you'd guess from this board that cruisers are just drunk newbies. That mentality is a little odd to me.

Just the HD riders ;)

Let's not confuse experience with owning a motorcycle for a long time and not wrecking. Very few cruiser riders that I know of have much experience with riding. In most cases it's not necessary because they ride them with as much skill as it would take to ride a 50cc scooter. Nothing wrong with that if that is what gives you pleasure but don't let that skill level fool you into thinking you have experience or good riding skills. Go to Deals Gap sometime and look at all the skid marks leading into corners from all the cruiser guys locking up their rear brakes that should tell you something about riding knowledge.

You're looking at it wrong. Those aren't skid marks from the rear tires, those are powerslide marks. They're so experienced they drift their cruisers through the turns because a sportbike would be too easy -- Pssh, I've never seen you powerslide your CBR "Mr. Experience"

*sniff* Your post reeks of jealousy for the cruiser contingents.

Let's not confuse experience with owning a motorcycle for a long time and not wrecking. Very few cruiser riders that I know of have much experience with riding. In most cases it's not necessary because they ride them with as much skill as it would take to ride a 50cc scooter. Nothing wrong with that if that is what gives you pleasure but don't let that skill level fool you into thinking you have experience or good riding skills. Go to Deals Gap sometime and look at all the skid marks leading into corners from all the cruiser guys locking up their rear brakes that should tell you something about riding knowledge.

When I was there in 08, a few of the peeps in my group witnessed the exact thing you're describing. Goldwing smacked the wall at a pretty good clip. They didn't look too good.

That's because you're inexperienced :lol:

I knew that was coming the second I hit submit.

Now I'm reminded why I initially commented in this thread. I'm really surprised by the animosity toward cruisers on this board. It's bizarre.

Though one thing seems to be true, go to any given bar, you're likely to see cruisers. Would be interesting to walk inside and tell them they don't know how to ride, though.

Animosity is not the correct assessment of the situation, amusement is more appropriate, thanks for playing along. We are not allowed to hassle the cruiser folks because this place is for everyone weather they have thick or thin skin. If you thought you were being harassed you are wrong because we love everyone here.

I don't think I'm being harassed at all, no worries there. Like I said, I'm just surprised.

I only make the "walk into a bar and say that" joke because my favorite bars nearby have all been taken over by bikers who will kick the shit out of you for sitting in the wrong seat. And I only say that because a friend of the family had the shit kicked out of him for sitting in the wrong seat.

I don't think I'm being harassed at all, no worries there. Like I said, I'm just surprised.

I only make the "walk into a bar and say that" joke because my favorite bars nearby have all been taken over by bikers who will kick the shit out of you for sitting in the wrong seat. And I only say that because a friend of the family had the shit kicked out of him for sitting in the wrong seat.

:lol:

Sitting down lowers your blood pressure. If you're already scared, you should just stay standing because the drop in blood pressure could cause you to pass out. Then you'd go from sitting in someone's sit to sleeping in someone's seat.

Now I'm scared of everyone that rides a cruiser. I'm scared to go into a bar and sit in a seat, if said bar has cruisers parked outside

Heh. This incident occurred at Tailgators in Hamilton. Apparently, he was in someone's seat, the guy came back, got pissed, and he and his buddies dragged him outside and beat him within an inch of his life.

I'm just saying, everyone thinks they're a "real biker." I'm quite sure that there's a web board out there somewhere dominated by guys who ride cruisers and think that sport bikes are a joke.

Personally, I don't get it either way. I don't think the style of bike you prefer has anything to do with your ability or experience.

Before losing control, remember that the Ruff Ryders up there in Grand Rapids appear to be mostly sport bikes with some cruisers. And if I had to guess, only a small percentage of riders of anything are truly experienced. Of course, there is a large percentage that think they are. Which is ok. Before you ask, yes there is a better percentage within Ohio Riders. Of both, harhar...