Drunken driver with suspended license not guilty in fatal cycle accident

Disclaimer

Heh. This incident occurred at Tailgators in Hamilton. Apparently, he was in someone's seat, the guy came back, got pissed, and he and his buddies dragged him outside and beat him within an inch of his life.

I'm just saying, everyone thinks they're a "real biker." I'm quite sure that there's a web board out there somewhere dominated by guys who ride cruisers and think that sport bikes are a joke.

Personally, I don't get it either way. I don't think the style of bike you prefer has anything to do with your ability or experience.

I dont think guys on croozers are more or less experienced. As I said in my previous post, dont judge all sport bikers by the limited few that you see in your area

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was under the impression that it does not matter if oncoming traffic is going 10 mph or 100 mph. you still have to yield to them before making your left?

likely true, but is it reasonable to see a headlight a thousand yards away and initiate your left turn assuming that the driver behind the headlight is going (at most) 10 over the speed limit? I think it is. Or rather, what's more wrong; assuming the rider is traveling reasonably close to the speed limit, or breaking it excessively?

A lot of people seem to be glossing over the fact that the rider could have prevented this collision a lot more easily than the driver. The fact that the driver shouldn't have been on the road to begin with, while irritating, is irrelevant. Could just as easily have been a legal driver.

Why he's not being charged with and tried for DUI and DUS separately is beyond me though.

Edited by redkow97