Up to 16 yrs in jail for videotaping police officer... now that's some bullshit

Casper

I'm of the belief that the cop was more in the wrong than anyone for pulling his gun and not identifying himself as an officer IMMEDIATELY. I'll be honest, if some random mother fucker pulls a gun on me after cutting me off, I'm going to try to jump off the bike while in first gear and slam the throttle so the bike will hit the dude or at least scare the shit out of him so I can make a move. That's just me.

But it would be your fault for doing whoolies in the first place. :rolleyes:

Dude seriously you need to wear your gear all the time...even when you're sleeping...you never know when your roof might collapse. Also make sure to check tire pressure, tire wear (from all those badass burnouts you do), lights work properly (they are needed for the ghetto birds to find you when they are pointed to the sky), also remember to make sure your flip flops are tightly secured to your feet. Make sure all bolts are properly torqued to spec. One more time just cause this is a big one, MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR!!

BTW everyone on cruisers belong to bike gangs and everyone on a sportbike is a stunter and has mad skillz! :bow:

:snarky::squid:

I am glad SOMEONE gets it. :D

BTW, I'm full of shit, and I know it. Trolling trolling trolling... keep those threads all rolling... keep those tempers boiling...

I've been trying to earn that sign for a while now. I feel satisfied.

I like your bike, btw. The Mean Streak is one of the best looking cruisers ever made.

Kinda like all those wanna be sportbike riders that have never been to a track but thinks he can "ride"?

Yeah... kinda like that.

I know I'm not up to the level of some of these guys around here with major track time, but I have been able to hold my own on the street pretty well. You want to race sometime?

But it would be your fault for doing whoolies in the first place. :rolleyes:

So, doing whoolies is grounds for a cop to pull a fucking gun? There was no such incident when I got pulled over for a whoolie. There is no need for that shit.

The guy stopped and freaked when a guy in plain clothes pulled a gun on him and told him to get off the bike, and also didn't announce himself as a LEO right away.

If I'm being honest, I have to say both the rider and the cop were at fault. However, I think the cop over reacted, and didn't exactly take a smart approach by pulling his gun and approaching before saying who he was. The actions of the PD after the fact are appalling. The police are not going to like the backlash if they keep this stuff up. They are going to alienate even law-abiding citizens if they keep walking all over our rights, and have a real war on their hands.

isn't this old news? I swear I saw this on the WERA board and the judge threw out the case months ago.

Yes, the guy got hassled, spent a night or two in jail, and had his house turned upside-down when they served the search warrant, but the judge agreed with everyone here, said it was bullshit, and dismissed the case.

isn't this old news? I swear I saw this on the WERA board and the judge threw out the case months ago.

Yes, the guy got hassled, spent a night or two in jail, and had his house turned upside-down when they served the search warrant, but the judge agreed with everyone here, said it was bullshit, and dismissed the case.

umm...sources? nothing i can find anywhere confirms what youre saying

and, this isnt the first case like this, so maybe youre mistaking it for another guy with a helmet cam (there have been several in this position)

here: http://carlosmiller.com/2010/04/16/maryland-motorcyclist-spends-26-hours-in-jail-on-wiretapping-charge-for-filming-cop-with-gun/

couldn't find the thread on the WERA board, but this 'article' makes it clear that he was released.

it makes nothing clear...you didnt even read your own link...self-ownage successful

And he is waiting for his preliminary trial to see if prosecutors will decide to pursue this case.

I would have to say if an chevy malibu pulls up to me with tinted windows and guy jumps out with gun i would back off too, the marked car was not the kids focus it was the man with gun coming at him saying state police, now we can hear it just fine but come on how many times have you been on your bike with helmet on and not heard a damn thing your buddy said next to you while at a stop light. and well someone steps out with a gun, sorry but I am slabbin it through the light thinkin I am getting jacked verbal id or not, how many stories you here where someone has impersonated a cop. get real kid was only in the wrong for his traffic violations nothing else. Ride hard or go home but do it safely please. not saying cop was in the wrong but the biker wasn't either for what they are charging him with the raid on the other hand a load of crap

Edited by ZIXXER9R

I guess I stopped reading after that. It won't go anywhere anyway.

you're right. they said the law only applies when the party has an expectation of privacy (like on the phone). a cop on a public street does not.

• 1 month later...

Wiretap Charges Tossed in Videotaping of Trooper

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/maryland/wiretap-charges-tossed-in-videotaping-of-trooper-092710

Updated: Tuesday, 28 Sep 2010, 8:12 AM EDT

Published : Monday, 27 Sep 2010, 9:06 PM EDT

By BEN NUCKOLS Associated Press Writer

BALTIMORE - A judge threw out criminal charges Monday against a Maryland man who videotaped his traffic stop by a plainclothes state trooper and posted the video on YouTube.

Anthony J. Graber III had been indicted under Maryland's wiretap law, which requires the consent of both parties to record a private conversation. His video shows the trooper pulling his gun and telling Graber to get off his motorcycle before he identifies himself as a police officer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5bMSyJCsg&feature=related

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5bMSyJCsg&feature=related][/ame]

Harford County Circuit Judge Emory A. Plitt Jr. ruled that the wiretap law did not apply to a traffic stop because the conversation was not private.

More at the link above!

Shitty journalism. Why no mention of the officer that drew his weapon and what happened or is happening to him?

I'm thinking that the idea here is that the wiretap charge was thrown out, setting precedent to discourage other cops from hiding behind the wiretap law when they act in a questionable manner.

I don't think the cop will be disciplined but in the future his acts would be cause for discipline.

Hey, it's a start. I mean after all if they can film us...