San Francisco Cops Shut Down Kids' Lemonade Stand

Casper

all of this "enforce the law consistently" stuff is what causes kids to get expelled from school for having a butter knife.

well the rules say no knives. they dont make an exception for butter knives. and rules are rules... sorry bout it. :rolleyes:

people need to use a little more discretion i think.

another question: is a kid selling lemonade a business?

Why the hell does a kid have a butter knife in a school in the first place?

Yes, someone regardless of age selling food and beverage for public consumption is a business.

• 2 weeks later...
Why the hell does a kid have a butter knife in a school in the first place?

i dunno. for whatever the fuck they want. spreading something on bread comes to mind.

there was another case where a girl was doing a science experiment which required her to cut open an orange. she brought a knife to do that and got suspended.

another kid had a steak knife in the bed of his truck from helping his grandma move over the weekend. it fell out of a box. he got expelled.

good shit.

Yes, someone regardless of age selling food and beverage for public consumption is a business.

so when two kids play "house" is that a house then? :rolleyes:

a lemonade stand isnt a business. its a kid playing.

i dunno. for whatever the fuck they want. spreading something on bread comes to mind.

there was another case where a girl was doing a science experiment which required her to cut open an orange. she brought a knife to do that and got suspended.

another kid had a steak knife in the bed of his truck from helping his grandma move over the weekend. it fell out of a box. he got expelled.

good shit.

so when two kids play "house" is that a house then? :rolleyes:

a lemonade stand isnt a business. its a kid playing.

As far as zero tolerance goes I agree with you, shit has gotten out of hand and kids can be suspended or expelled for the stupidest reason and for doing nothing wrong.

When two kids play house they are not making money from the general public, there is absolutely no comparison here. Like Cheech said it is money exchanged for goods, no matter what age or what they are selling it is a business. If I set up a lemonade stand and was selling to the public is that a business? I understand it was something fun to do and the kid wasnt looking to make a bunch of money but it is still a business and the officer was still correct in shutting it down. Like I said everyone is bitching because it is a kid and most do not use logic when it comes to kids they think with emotion.