Baseball cards

Bad324

My parents are moving so I'm losing all my storage space and came across my collection of baseball cards from when I was a kid. Where is the best type of place to take these things to see if I can get any mod money out of them?

but I don't want to go card by card, get them certified, and put them on eBay.

same here, I'm far too lazy. Not to mention, any of the ones I know for sure are worth anything have been seperated

you're younger than me, so unless these cards belonged to your dad, they're pretty worthless.

figure you're talking maybe $12 for a rare-ish card in perfect condition. By the 90's, the market was totally flooded with baseball cards. there used to be like 3 manufacturers of them. By the time I hit grade school, there were 10 or 20.

it's not a collectible if there are too many.

Get your self a Beckett its a book that's tells you what the cards are worth then go through and see what you got. They are still collectible just got to find the right ones

I am trying to go the lazy way out, I probably have at least 10,000 cards

you're younger than me, so unless these cards belonged to your dad, they're pretty worthless.

figure you're talking maybe $12 for a rare-ish card in perfect condition. By the 90's, the market was totally flooded with baseball cards. there used to be like 3 manufacturers of them. By the time I hit grade school, there were 10 or 20.

it's not a collectible if there are too many.

^ ^ This

Summer of '88 when the baseball card boom was in full swing, I decided to invest some of my hard earned high school job $$ in a complete DonRuss set, plus almost complete Topp's set. IIRC correctly I paid ~$25 for the DR set, & built the Topps set from packs.

My sons & their buddy were recently pricing some cards on eBay & other sites, & now that 22 years had passed, I dug out my boxes & had them look up my sets, plus some individual cards I had bought/set aside back then as prospects.... Mark McGuires, Al Leiters, Eric Davis', Nolan Ryans, Upper Decks, etc.

Quite disappointing how little they've appreciated in that time :nono:

Guess I'll put them back away & see what another 20 years brings

There really isn't a lazy way out without just selling them as a whole and not know what your getting rid of. What era are.they from?

damn, that bursts my bubble.The bulk are 80s and 90s. I have a few cards that I wouldn't sell quite yet because they are cards I know are worth something now but will be even more in the future, ie Mickey Mantle rookie card and some other hall of famers as well

damn, that bursts my bubble.The bulk are 80s and 90s. I have a few cards that I wouldn't sell quite yet because they are cards I know are worth something now but will be even more in the future, ie Mickey Mantle rookie card and some other hall of famers as well

I have a mickey mantle reproduction lol

What do you want for them. My wifes cousin buys stuff like this. I dont know why but he does. Also a general desciption of your collection.

I'd have to take inventory of them again. I haven't really looked at what I have in at least 10-12 years

I talked to my wifes cuz and he doesnt want anything from the 80's and 90's. But if you have something other than that or something special you can still let me know.

Yup, I've read that in terms of a collectible investment, that nothing after 1980 is worth collecting. Everything was too over produced. If you want to invest, buy from the 50s and 60s. Good God I wish I still had mine... (not to mention all the ones used up in bicycle spokes...)

Basball cards aren't worth spit. Stupid market flood.

I have The Ted Williams Card Company Sets. Only produced for two years, 1993 and 1994. The 1993 set is worth $12, the 1994 set is worth $15. Whooopeee.

I have numerous other sets. All just about equally as worthless.

You have to have some super rare cards to get any sort of money from them.