Watch out for Deer

buxnut

I saw 3 of them Saturday morning just standing at the side of the road. I slowly rolled by them, as they were probably 6ft away. Luckily it was right after a stop sign, so I was already going slow. Definitely gotta be on the lookout.

Them deer are often just like cops! Whenever you see one, odds are, a couple more are close them. (No offense to the deer intended. Please don't report me to PETA!)

After several close calls I've basically stopped riding after dark. You just can't see them. I had one run right into the side of my car this spring. Judging from the dent size I'd have been toast on a bike.

I seldom ride without seeing several. Country life, and all that jazz.

you know being in the heart of Akron and being right by the expressway, Matt and i have seen A LOT of deer around here. Also we saw a wild turkey a few weeks ago.. riding down by route 8, we both looked at each other like i know that was not a big ass fucking turkey.. These animals are adapting to the city life now.

Just heard this morning a co-worker hit a deer with his bike, on Monday night. Probably on the way home from work. He's ok with back rash. More later when I find out.

I don't think Shawn saw the deer, I heard he woke up on the side of the road. His helmet is here at work, someone brought it in with all the rash and deer blood. He's still in the hospital. I'm trying to find out where.

edit: that's probably not all deer blood, that's some of his also.

Update: Shawn is recuperating at home. Guess the road rash wasn't too bad. Next question is how's the bike...

Edited by ReconRat

i tried to hit one with the semi about a week ago........ i wanted my revenge!! :mad:

C'mon man you killed the one that hit you, wasn't that enough :o

She's dead, you're alive. I'd say you got the better end of that :)

Just heard this morning a co-worker hit a deer with his bike, on Monday night. Probably on the way home from work. He's ok with back rash. More later when I find out.

That would be me.

Going around 50 & trooper said I split the deer in half. Woke up about 50 ft away faceup on the pavement. Don't remember shit but a blur of brown fur and hearing the fairing crunch. Lots of rash & surgery friday on both hands to pin bones together. Hip hurts like a mother, but X-ray said it isn"t broken. MRI on thursday to confirm. Jacket & gloves in the saddlebags doesn't help much.

I will post accident pics once I get them. Bike is in lots of little pieces.

Edited by ShawnR

That would be me.

Going around 50 & trooper said I split the deer in half. Woke up about 50 ft away faceup on the pavement. Don't remember shit but a blur of brown fur and hearing the fairing crunch. Lots of rash & surgery friday on both hands to pin bones together. Hip hurts like a mother, but X-ray said it isn"t broken. MRI on thursday to confirm. Jacket & gloves in the saddlebags doesn't help much.

glad to see you are ok man!!

• 1 month later...

I hit one about two years ago in Cambridge. I was on an 02 r6.... I ended up with a broke collar bone, dislocated left hip (Hurt crazy bad), Shattered Right Femur ( Surgery), and broke my back in 9 places....

Couldn't walk for about 5-6 months and was off work for about 9-10 months.... Long road back to 2 wheels

Either way, After the recovery I'm on an 05 zx10, no fear brothers... ride on...