finally android 2.2!

Tomcat0403

i'm waiting for my droid X to get here, but has anyone figured out a way to keep in touch with their precious blackberry friends? i need a multi platform IM client that can group chat and doesnt use up SMS

I don't know of any IMer that will group BB losers.

Man up Jbot and kick them from your Ninja group if they don't switch to Android!!

i've been searching and a few can be installed on most "smart"phones so anyone can use it... but bbm is pretty boss. that's about it though. if only google talk would just implement group chat.

So I just DL the 2.2 updated, I have been running Helix Launcher as my home program. It kept force closing on me, I just so happened to DL launcherPro the other day while i was bored just to see how it was. So I switched to that just now since Helix kept force closing on me.... Now I check the market place an cant find Helix Launcher nor is it on my phone any longer. Hard a co=work check is phone an Helix Launcher was no his market place (He is still running 2.1)... My only thougth was maybe Helix Launcher isnt set up for 2.2 yet an thats why I couldnt find it? Any thoughts?

You can also get the update.zip file and instructions from this site:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/140721-how-force-official-android-2-2-froyo-update-motrola-droid.html

A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

ATTENTION: Motorola and Verizon have found issue with this OTA update and it is rumored that there will be another next week. For those who have already installed this, don't freak out, you will be able to install the new update right over this one. For those who have not already installed this, it's probably best to wait until next week. Stay tuned for more information..

This may be why some people are not receiving the OTA update.