The Hartford Fair, Aug 8-14th

chevysoldier

The biggest little fair in the world! Come on out and have a great time! I have been going to this fair since I was born. I would rather go to this than the Ohio State fair.

http://www.hartfordfair.com/

Schedule of events

(The main attractions for each day are in bold lettering)

General gate admission is $6.00 7AM to 10PM daily. Sr. Citizen Day is Monday 7:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. for $3.00, Golden Buckeye card required. Children under 8 years of age free, 8 and over pay full fare. You must be 21 years of age to purchase a membership ticket. Membership Ticket is $30 per person, and Season passes are $30.00 per person. A Junior Fair Exhibitor ID Card is $3.00. Admission includes free grandstand seat but does not include track seats or amusement rides.
Edited by chevysoldier

Dammit! School Bus races started an hour ago... :mad:

Saw them at the Delaware County Fair a year or two back - figure 8 dirt track -what a blast to watch the hillbillies giving those buses hell! :D

Will probably attend the tractor pull Tuesday (a friend will be participating) and motocross whichever night it is, either Thursday or Friday.

* edit: Reading the rules for the bus races, two in particular caught my eye:

3. All participants are subject to a breathalyzer test prior to the race.

13. Fuel must be free of additives; NO NITROUS OXIDE

I am in no way advocating drunk driving...BUT...a bunch of school buses, a figure 8 dirt track, a 150 shot of Nitrous and a six pack of liquid courage...hilarity just might ensue...

Edited by jblosser

Dammit! School Bus races started an hour ago... :mad:

Saw them at the Delaware County Fair a year or two back - figure 8 dirt track -what a blast to watch the hillbillies giving those buses hell! :D...

I've seen schoolbus figure-8 racing at the Xenia track. It's a hoot when one of them falls over...

For those that go to the fair, make sure you check out the ODOT booth behind and to the right (while facing) the grandstands. The have kickstand pucks, the triangle safety stickers and yellow "watch out for motorcycles" bumper stickers (might be the magnetic ones)