Nelson Ledges Fasttrax race onboard crash video

vw151

A friend of mine was in an accident last week resulting in a badly broken collar bone and a tore up bike. From the onboard video it looks like a rider behind him was trying to make an inside pass and over cooked it right into jason's bike.

On the Bright side Jason is doing well, just got out of surgery and the video is really cool.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZwwR8oiSQw

This was an actual race. Not that you don't want to pass clean in a race but people are usually a little less aggressive at the track days.

That's not Midlam, is it?

That guy that did the "pass" should be drop kicked in the nuts. Total bonehead right there. Your buddy was smooth and even allowed a PILE of room on the inside for the tool box to make a pass.

From initial thoughts, I suspect that goonrider probably came in too hot, target fixed on Jason and clocked him...

Doucher

That's not Midlam, is it?

That guy that did the "pass" should be drop kicked in the nuts. Total bonehead right there. Your buddy was smooth and even allowed a PILE of room on the inside for the tool box to make a pass.

From initial thoughts, I suspect that goonrider probably came in too hot, target fixed on Jason and clocked him...

Doucher

Exactly my sentiments. Yes it's midlam. Just saw him yesterday. He has 8 screws in his collar bone now. He looked good though.

You know, the pass was horrible, but we all make mistakes so I'd be willing to forgive that. The thing that sucks is that the guy was in the pits later trying to blame it on Jason.

It looked to me like the guy on the silver bike got around Jason around the corner entrance and the guy that hit Jason thought he'd slip through too but came in too hot and too late. Jason wasn't even near the inside of the track and the guy clearly had plenty of room. There is actually a dent on Jason's gas tank from where the guys handle bars hit him before he went down.

Edited by vw151

Exactly my sentiments. Yes it's midlam. Just saw him yesterday. He has 8 screws in his collar bone now. He looked good though.

You know, the pass was horrible, but we all make mistakes so I'd be willing to forgive that. The thing that sucks is that the guy was in the pits later trying to blame it on Jason.

It looked to me like the guy on the silver bike got around Jason around the corner entrance and the guy that hit Jason thought he'd slip through too but came in too hot and too late. Jason wasn't even near the inside of the track and the guy clearly had plenty of room. There is actually a dent on Jason's gas tank from where the guys handle bars hit him before he went down.

Dude, if the guy was trying to blame Jason, he's a bigger dousche than ever. Who was the guy?

I'll email Jason to see how he's doing, but if you see him, tell him I said "hey".

Dude, if the guy was trying to blame Jason, he's a bigger dousche than ever. Who was the guy?

I'll email Jason to see how he's doing, but if you see him, tell him I said "hey".

I can only assume if this guy sees the video he'll change his story back again. It's pretty clear cut IMO.

His name is Robert Rousch, I have no other info on the guy.

Guy is a novice and wasn't running but maybe a 1/2 second a lap faster. Guy is a bone head and if he thinks it was somehow Jason's fault, he's a tard. Hell, Jason was just starting to lean in!!!

I can't wait to get up there this year...

Yeah. this was Jason Midlam, he was running 1.15 corrrect...Christi, his wife also raced...was running 1.20 (I wrote 1.28 initially and big apology to Christi and all the board members:o ) . I was at the timing and score keeping (and I failed in reporting right data :slap:

Very unfortunate......and the story:rolleyes: I better keep my mouth shut...the video tells it all.....that's all....:nono:

I showed my scar to Jason, after he came back from the hospital, he was doing well and still had a sense of humor....

Here is the collar bone of mine.....another turn 4 victim....nobody rode into me...I just rode like an ass, I guess.....:o

InternalRotation.jpg

Edited by Kosmo
Apology for wrong info

Thinking of taking the stock RC8R to the final round up there and endurance it or one of the solo 20 thingies they now do. Probably consider sprinting the 1000 if maybe Sam shows...

I will be there. You cant do the Mini 20 min, I don't need you beating my ass. At least I would see you part way through the race when you lap me though.

I will be there. You cant do the Mini 20 min, I don't need you beating my ass. At least I would see you part way through the race when you lap me though.

Doubt I'd lap anyone with the RC8 and with not being up there for so many years. Locals rule that track. Again, if Gaige would show, I'd be more inclined to run there. We'll see...

I'll probably do the 20 for sure, though and the endurance with a buddy...

Yeah. this was Jason Midlam, he was running 1.15 corrrect...Christi, his wife also raced...was running 1.28. I was at the timing and score keeping :D

Very unfortunate......and the story:rolleyes: I better keep my mouth shut...the video tells it all.....that's all....:nono:

I showed my scar to Jason, after he came back from the hospital, he was doing well and still had a sense of humor....

Here is the collar bone of mine.....another turn 4 victim....nobody rode into me...I just rode like an ass, I guess.....:o

InternalRotation.jpg

No, you shouldn't keep your mouth shut. If the guy was blaming Jason and the video is remotely correct, someone should be paying for Jason's broken bike. There are racing incidents where you are battling and even mistakes that occur causing crashes. That's racing.

But a bone head move while battling for mid pack novice at a FT event and essentially running out of talent taking a guy out? Bullshit. Then, to not come up and offer help or apologize? Asshat.

That guy target fixed and is either riding well past his ability (likely) or he got a burr up his ass and was heads and shoulders deep in a situation where he was so over his reserve limit that he plowed a fellow racer...

OK then.....Robert Rousch works with Todd for his tire service and leather rental.....that's all......

I meant at a Rider's Meeting or something. Things like that need to be brought up to avoid such things happening again. I know FT is a fun atmosphere, but these types of things are why racing is serious no matter what the level or what the atmosphere is. Shields go down, you need to be alert and know what to do. If not, buy a set of golf clubs...