f4i high mount footpeg?

jonan

I hope you like to fabricate..... I have an Arrow race header and midpipe matched with my 2 bros can. My set up isn't quite a high mount, but it is higher than stock since its a race system. What I had to do was buy a new foot peg bracket, cut the tab off where the oem muffler mounting bolt goes thru the foot peg. Smooth it out. Then I had to cut 2 spacers to space the bracket out from the sub frame and buy 2 longer bolts from the hardware store. I also made a one off muffler bracket that is contoured to the same shape as the back of the peg bracket to mount directly between my peg bracket and spacers. Its a slick set up and it looks like the pipe is floating in mid air. I am still waiting on some pieces to get back from the chrome shop. Those guys take forever. It didnt help that they lost my spacers twice, so I had to make new ones. For the spacers, I could not find anything at the hardware store big enough, so I used 6061 Aluminum rod that I got off ebay. for the F4i, use the 3/4 inch round rod. Once you determine the length of the spacers that you need, cut them to size but cut straight. Luckily, I have a friend with a milling machine, so he milled both ends of the spacer for me to ensure that both ends are flat and mounts up to the frame and peg bracket nice and straight. Then, you will need to drill a hole thru the center of the spacer so you can run the bolts thru. Then put it all together and ride it like you stole it.

Here is a link to the guy I get my Aluminium round rod from on ebay. He is in MI and ships pretty quick and ships for free...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230396123415&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT