Need some AR help

speedytriple

So I went to the berea gun show today with a old budy I have not seen in awhile. I had a bad day and soldtraded nothing. He bought a AR and made me a little green with envy. So he picked up a custom built Rock river lower with a grizzly upper a4. I like it due to it having a side charging handle and not a rear handle. They said they also make a left hand model for it. So are these pretty good uppers? I know the rockriver lower is pretty good. Had a quad rail and flip up combats sights, with a foregrip that turned into a bi-pod. pretty nice gun for the money. So my question is how good are the grizzly uppers with side handle on them? I like these alot more then the rear and might make me look at AR's a little harder next show.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was there as well today. i have never heard of them. i wonder if they make them or someone else does? never have heard of them. he should have went all rra and got the camp perry discount if he bought new. watch what you buy, you get what you pay for. i have seen buis for as little as 20.00 same with quad rails.i wouldnt own them, but thats me. id go rra or spikes myself. look into pro arms in c-falls if you want a nice package deal. they are tough to beat. medinas coming up in a few weeks i think.

He was looking at the armalite isp model and the rra camp perry. They were the ones he bought the custom from. It has a rra lower and a grizzly upper, with a rra barrel, with some type of quad rail on it. I like the side bolt alot better then the rear one. I think I have been to pro arms before is that riveredge gun ranges store? I think medina is coming up soon. I need to sell my mini before I do anything! I almost had a trade for a rra a-2 today but didnt happen?

Those guys and gal know their shit. I'm sure it's ok. What did they say? They usually sell what they shoot or trust in. How long have the company been around. They usually push n sell rra armalite and spikes.my buddy sold his glock and a ruger within 10 minutes. Big turnout. I don't like how spread out it is, i prefer medina.

Rock rivers are a cheaper ar. Don't know a whole lot about them, but as long as its milspec it should be a good gun. Its hard to fuck them up

If you're buying a left handed ar then stag arms is the gun to buy. I don't think rra makes a left handed upper. I have 2 DPMS guns and I want to add a stag next, but it will be a gas piston gun.

Rock rivers are a cheaper ar. Don't know a whole lot about them, but as long as its milspec it should be a good gun. Its hard to fuck them up

If you're buying a left handed ar then stag arms is the gun to buy. I don't think rra makes a left handed upper. I have 2 DPMS guns and I want to add a stag next, but it will be a gas piston gun.

You clearly don't know WTF your talking about! Cmt makes and sells stg and rra the same parts. Rra has a great fit and finish due to the maching of the parts from cmt. Stags are priced a little cheaper. Both are good guns. Cheap, that's your two dpms ar's my friend. This coming from a guy whonhas not one, but two dpms firearms. Sell them both and buy a rra or spikes. Let me guess spikes sucks as well? If you want the best go cd or lmt for the monies. For your average civillian use, go rra or spikes

Edited by that dude

Listen you overpaid. Dpms is near the bottom line for ar-15. You said rra is cheap. Cheap for now cause they are a growing small company. It's called marketing. actually they have gone up in price in the past year. In all reality your average Joe wouldn't notice the diff in shooting the rra dpms spikes stg lmt ccmg etc.

Listen you overpaid. Dpms is near the bottom line for ar-15. You said rra is cheap. Cheap for now cause they are a growing small company. It's called marketing. actually they have gone up in price in the past year. In all reality your average Joe wouldn't notice the diff in shooting the rra dpms spikes stg lmt ccmg etc.

+1 I would take RRA over DPMS anyday.

I had a DPMS lower that was absolute crap.

I will be getting a rra if I sell my mini for sure. I like the trigger on them the best. The two stage armalite they had felt gritty and the dpms is a single stage and was junk. I talked to the ar lady at there stand she said that the grizzly guns are very good stuff her husband has one and loves it he talked to us about it also. There website says they have been making ar parts for 40 years? so about as long as the AR has been around it sounds like?

I have not bought an ar to this point due to the fact I do not like the rear charging handles. It is immpossible to reload and charge the handle while keep anywhere near on target. The side mounted charging handle solves this problem. And has made me relook at the ar. I was sold on the mini platform due to the garand style bolt, and it still shoots .223. This grizzly upper makes the ar a much better weapon imo.

I have not bought an ar to this point due to the fact I do not like the rear charging handles. It is immpossible to reload and charge the handle while keep anywhere near on target. The side mounted charging handle solves this problem. And has made me relook at the ar. I was sold on the mini platform due to the garand style bolt, and it still shoots .223. This grizzly upper makes the ar a much better weapon imo.

it also leaves the bolt/chamber open to dust which is the ARs biggest enemy.

I thought all you ar guys say they are not prone to dust/dirt anymore? LOL! I am just not use to the rear handle on a rifle. I am left handed so most of the controls on a ar are a little combersome for me to use anyways. I will let you all know how my buddies grizzly/rra shoots we are going out next weekend to get it sighted in. So what are you saying that the garand style action is more reliable then the beloved ar?