Best source for finding a used car....

Moto-Brian

Ok, homos... Anyone know of the best source to find used cars? I know of Auto Trader, but it seems to mostly be dealerships instead of the general public. Not afraid of dealers as they aren't bad if the car is pre-certified, etc. I just like talking with the original owner.

Anyone know of a good source?

What are you looking for?

2005-2006 G35 Coupe. Want 6MT, prefer the Sport Package and color choices are Charcoal Grey, Silver and Pearl White.

Been researching as I cannot afford a new 07/08 G35 or G37 for my wife right now. I am not leasing so, buying outright. So, sub $30k is where I need to be.

Anyone have any contacts on one similar as listed above, shoot me a PM and let me know...

Ok, homos... Anyone know of the best source to find used cars? I know of Auto Trader, but it seems to mostly be dealerships instead of the general public. Not afraid of dealers as they aren't bad if the car is pre-certified, etc. I just like talking with the original owner.

Anyone know of a good source?

Try The Columbus Dispatch classifieds (assuming you are in or near Columbus). They are listed online but I like the paper version better. Sunday's paper always has the most listings.

2005-2006 G35 Coupe. Want 6MT, prefer the Sport Package and color choices are Charcoal Grey, Silver and Pearl White.

Been researching as I cannot afford a new 07/08 G35 or G37 for my wife right now. I am not leasing so, buying outright. So, sub $30k is where I need to be.

Anyone have any contacts on one similar as listed above, shoot me a PM and let me know...

I know someone that may be selling theirs.. call me. everything you listed but theirs is an Auto.

Grey

Sport package,

Navigation

about 60k miles

Its an automatic.

definitely sub 30K for cost

Woman owned...

I bought an '06 leftover a year ago. Charcoal Gray, Sport Package, 18" wheels, automatic, bluetooth option, no navi. The car is fun to drive...but sucks in the snow. If the ground is covered, I leave it in the garage. I have summer performance tires...so maybe all-seasonal tires will perform better this time of year. Trunk is small...I barely squeezed two sets of golf clubs in it. The backseat can take a small child...but that's about it. Let me know if you have questions...

Good luck.

I bought an '06 leftover a year ago. Charcoal Gray, Sport Package, 18" wheels, automatic, bluetooth option, no navi. The car is fun to drive...but sucks in the snow. If the ground is covered, I leave it in the garage. I have summer performance tires...so maybe all-seasonal tires will perform better this time of year. Trunk is small...I barely squeezed two sets of golf clubs in it. The backseat can take a small child...but that's about it. Let me know if you have questions...

Good luck.

:postcop: hey now, only bimmers can measure trunk size to how many sets of clubs it fits.

Good luck.

My friend said the exact same thing that the car is absolutly horrible in the snow.

Good luck.

I was going to buy a set of wheels and tires (all season tires) and let her drive it that way. I thought with teh advanced traction control, it would not be too bad... Is it more the wide performance tires or the traction control sucks and it is completely sideways and such all the time?

Is it more the wide performance tires or the traction control sucks and it is completely sideways and such all the time?

Hmmm, I'm guessing it's the tires. Like I said, I don't even attempt to drive it if the roads are covered. My front street is the last to melt and when I drive on this road at 5mph...I can feel it slipping as soon as I touch the pedal. I've seen other g35's on the road in bad weather...these ones have the smaller wheels (17 inches I believe). So I guess the wheels do make a difference.

Hmmm, I'm guessing it's the tires. Like I said, I don't even attempt to drive it if the roads are covered. My front street is the last to melt and when I drive on this road at 5mph...I can feel it slipping as soon as I touch the pedal. I've seen other g35's on the road in bad weather...these ones have the smaller wheels (17 inches I believe). So I guess the wheels do make a difference.

Yeah, from my experience with sports cars is that wide performance tires equal 4 sleds attached to your car!!! However, grabbing a set of 17" stock wheels for under $400 and slapping all season or Blizaks on there would help a ton.

I checked the G35 website listed above and see that a lot of guys drive their Gs set-up this way with Blizzaks or whatever and a little weight in the back. They claim with the Traction Control, it isn't too bad...

Yeah, from my experience with sports cars is that wide performance tires equal 4 sleds attached to your car!!! However, grabbing a set of 17" stock wheels for under $400 and slapping all season or Blizaks on there would help a ton.

I checked the G35 website listed above and see that a lot of guys drive their Gs set-up this way with Blizzaks or whatever and a little weight in the back. They claim with the Traction Control, it isn't too bad...

keep in mind though if you get a sport package with brembos on them you will not be able to fit the 17's

keep in mind though if you get a sport package with brembos on them you will not be able to fit the 17's

Really?? What, the sport package is either 18" or 19" depending on the year, right?

Damn.....

How are the sedans in the snow? Same rear wheel drive, but because they are bigger, are they really better? I know they can run the Sport Package wheels, right? Maybe buy a sedan and get a set of the OEM Sport Pkg wheels??

the sport package with brembos comes stock with 19's. So as far as I am aware you can't fit anything smaller on them due to clearance issues. As far as sedans, I am not really sure...never interested in the sedan so I haven't read up on it. I would look around on that forum I listed though, there is all kinds of info.

I'm not 100% sure, but Infiniti never offered Brembos on any package. Nissan 350z's have a package that includes Brembos...but not Infiniti. I may be wrong...but I might bet $5 on it.

I'm not sure about the sedans. I drove a g35x (x = awd) as a loaner and it was pretty sweet. If I needed the room, I'd seriously consider the g35x. A guy I work with has the sedan (not sure if it's AWD). Today he was nervous about driving home...he said his tires were as bald as slicks...so, take that's for what it's worth.

I'm not 100% sure, but Infiniti never offered Brembos on any package. Nissan 350z's have a package that includes Brembos...but not Infiniti. I may be wrong...but I might bet $5 on it.

I'm not sure about the sedans. I drove a g35x (x = awd) as a loaner and it was pretty sweet. If I needed the room, I'd seriously consider the g35x. A guy I work with has the sedan (not sure if it's AWD). Today he was nervous about driving home...he said his tires were as bald as slicks...so, take that's for what it's worth.

We're talking the G35 Coupe... Not the sedan... They only came with Brembos in 03 and 04. The 05 and 06s didn't come equipped with Brembos, but had a sport tuned suspension package standard on 6MTs. The 03 and 04 Coupes only had Brembos on the 6MTs...

So, a lot of people say Brembos even though they aren't really Brembos like in earlier years...

We're talking the G35 Coupe... Not the sedan... They only came with Brembos in 03 and 04. The 05 and 06s didn't come equipped with Brembos, but had a sport tuned suspension package standard on 6MTs. The 03 and 04 Coupes only had Brembos on the 6MTs...

So, a lot of people say Brembos even though they aren't really Brembos like in earlier years...

That makes sense. thanks.